Now Playing: Superfly Sister

Status: Unedited

Published: July 27, 2023

The last two nights went on with you visiting Daki and Gyutaro at their brothel, but they didn't inform you that they kidnapped Zenitsu and you had to hear from Tengen first thing in the morning at your meeting.

"What? He's disappeared?" you asked, Tengen nods. "I'm sorry for putting you guys in danger," he says, looking down in shame.

"I've made a lot of bad decisions just because I want to rescue my wives... I don't know where Zenitsu is right now, I lost contact with him last night," he continues, you, Tanjiro and Inosuke didn't say anything until he finishes talking.

"You need to leave this district. You're not qualified enough. If there are Upper Ranks in this district, you won't be able to fight them," he stands up, his back facing the three of you.

"I'll consider those who have disappeared dead. I'll take on the rest myself."

Tanjiro shook his head, "no, Uzui-san. We will-"

"Don't be ashamed."

Tanjiro flinched, "whoever lives wins. Don't misjudge an opportunity."

He then suddenly vanished without hearing out what you three had to say, "h-hold it, old man!"

You scratch your hooded hand with your gloves hands, "so that's it? You guys are just gonna let him degrade you like that?" you confronted the two, Tanjiro looked at you. "I didn't even hear him degrade us in any way-"

"He literally just straight up told us to go home 'cause we're weak! I'm not gonna let that pass!" you yelled, Inosuke suddenly realized you were right. "No way I'm going back! Not when I've just found a demon yesterday night!" he says, you nod. "Exactly!"

"He had every reason to send us back. After all, we're still at the bottom rank," says Tanjiro.

Inosuke blinked, "what? No, we got promoted. We're Kanoe now," said Inosuke, Tanjiro turned to him. "What?"

"Do you even remember how the ranks work?" he asked his friend, he shook his head. "Tell us bruh," you said.

"We used to be at the very bottom, Mizunoto. Now we're Kanoe, fourth from the bottom," Inosuke explains, making both your and Tanjiro's heads tilt to the side in confusion. Inosuke pointed at you, "except for you since this is your first mission, you're still a Mizunoto."

"Right..."

"Now, watch closely," says Inosuke, showing you his fist as you and Tanjiro watched.

"Show me my rank."

Slowly but surely, a mark on Inosuke's fist had started to appear. It was written with red ink, the mark said 'Kanoe' in Japanese Kanji.

You were impressed and did it as well, your hand getting very itchy but had the mark appear. "Whoa, this is cool!" you laughed.

You accidentally burned your hand in the sunlight, and now you were left without a right hand. "Ow..."

You couldn't regenerate that easily, so you have to eat more food when you and Tanjiro get back at Tokito House.

"Huh? What was that?" Tanjiro asked, his face showing shock and disbelief at the same time.

Inosuke looked at him funny, "didn't your hand feel weird back at the Wisteria Mountain?" he asked, Tanjiro scratched his head. "It felt itchy, but I was too tired to notice."

"It's called Wisteria Carving. It appears with the swelling of words and muscle tissues."

"Don't understand it, but still cool!"