1

Status: Unedited

Published: May 28, 2022

Running away from school and to the city, you and Veronica walked inside the mall and stared intently at the movie theaters where they are currently showing the Mugen Train movie.

"Man, we don't have enough money..." said Veronica, stuffing her wallet back in her bag as you took her hand and led her to the art section of the department store.

Once you saw crochet hooks, knitting needles and stacks of yarn cakes, your eyes twinkled.

Veronica knew you always loved keeping your hands busy and when you found out about crochet and knitting from your knew foster mom, you always had this certain goal of stocking up your closet in your free time.

Veronica smiled at you and led you inside. She then went to the trays of black and green yarn cakes, holding one of each color up. "You could make Tanjiro's Haori from these!" she said. You took the yarn from her hands and smiled underneath your mask. "I need at least 4 of each for both of us. Unless you want another color or another character's Haori?" you asked her, she shook her head. "No, Tanjiro's Haori is fine with me so we'll be matching," she smiled.

You took off your mask and disposed of it in a trash can. It's already been 6 hours since you wore it and you forgot to change it every after 3 hours.

Veronica dug in your backpack and took out one of the black disposable masks, handing it over to you as you put it on. "Thanks," you said, she only patted your shoulder.

You you ended up taking 4 of each of every color available in the store and left with at least 3 boxes full. You took out your phone and messaged your foster parents that 3 boxes of yarn will be delivered over to your shared house and that it's already paid. They took note and waited by the terrace while conversing with each other, cups of warm coffee in their hands.

You looked at Veronica who put on her scarf. Seeing as the temperature dropped at night time, you put on your jacket as well. "I'll ride you home," you said, putting on your glasses to keep any insects from getting in your eyes when driving.

Veronica smiled. "Thanks..." she said.

You dropped Veronica off and said that she'll send you the answers to your home work in a while. You thanked her before leaving but she knew you wouldn't want to sleep without tea so she made you stay for a while until she made you at least 3 cups of Winter melon Milk Tea. You thanked her as you left, riding back home.

Just as you were close to your home, you got a call from your agency which made you groan.

You answered and you put on your earphones, plugging them in your phone which was in your pocket as you continue to drive.

"Agent Sunrise, we have a mission for you..."

~Time skip~

You ended up stealing the bottles consisting of the most dangerous virus that your agency's lab decided to dispose of safely for the world's safety. Apparently, you were told that the government wants to release this virus out in the open to earn more money.

The things people do and sacrifice just for pieces of paper and bits of minerals.

You went home with major injuries, a small headache and a few shots to your back far from your organs. You did get a huge pain from your abdomen but your period wasn't due today, you figured a bullet might have made its way inside your body and took a different route.

You were slumped on the door, pressing the doorbell a couple of times while holding your abdomen.

"Hurry up, shit..." you groaned, your body making contact on the floor as the door opened. "Oh, Y/n," your foster father said. He picked you up and called the agency to pick her up and take her in their care.

He laid you down on your bed, checking your temperature. "Another fever?" he asked himself, your foster mom came in with a wet cloth and sat down by your bed. "That's the third time this month..." your foster mom said worriedly, brushing her fingertips across your cold cheeks.

She used another cloth to rub off the blood stains from your wounds, when she accidentally touched your side, you took a deep breath through your teeth in pain. "D-Don't touch that part of me..." you managed to say.

The agency's nurses and surgeons came in the room with a stretcher, gently placing you on it before loading you on the ambulance.

In no time, you guys reached the personal hospital of the agency and unloaded the ambulance with you on the stretcher.

"19 year old female, single gunshot to the abdomen- Hypotensive and tachy. Two liters of saline en route."

"She's been shot with small caliber bullets, they ricochet inside and could always make multiple and unpredictable injuries."

You laughed a little, feeling your eyes getting a bit droopy. "No shit, Sherlock... Man, I should have you assigned on my unit..."

On the corner of your tired eyes, you saw your favorite doctor and you pointed at him which made everyone look at where you're pointing. "Y-You want Dr. Murphy to treat you?" asked the doctor named Jared Kalu, you only nodded and looked at the senior surgeon, pointing at him too.

"Y-You... three... On my... side..."

Neil Melendez looked at Jared Kalu, calling out Shaun Murphy and began to treat her before she goes into surgery. "I need and OR, STAT," says Melendez, not hearing the rest of what he said after you passed out on your bed.

12 hours later of struggling to find where the internal bleeding was inside you with the help of Dr. Murphy's skills, the three doctors could now rest easy as you lay awake holding your mother and father's hands. "Be careful going on another mission next time, Sunrise..." says your mother, snuggling onto your left hand. You sighed a little, glad that they followed the ambulance and waited in the waiting room worried for their daughter. "It's okay... Mama... Papa... Sorry for not telling... you what they... tasked me to... do..." you said in between breaths.

Your father shook his head, his blonde locks shaking along. "It's fine. What matters most is that you care enough about yourself to try and stay alive," says your father, smiling a little. You couldn't help but tear up a little at your parents. No one would even know that you aren't biologically related to the two given how you treat each other despite being workers for a secret organization.

The spy as the father.

The assassin as the mother.

The daughter inheriting both traits.

You three would seldom go on missions together but you enjoy the little time, playing heroes.

The three doctors from earlier smiled at the family. "Can we interrupt?" asked Jared, you nodded weakly. Neil and Jared looked at Shaun who awkwardly stepped forward, avoiding eye contact with you. "Y-You can't go to school tomorrow Agent Sunrise, you need to stay in bed for the next 3 weeks," he says, you nodded with a forced smile. "Yeah.. I know which... fucking sucks..." you said, your mother laughed a little, her red eyes gleaming. "Don't worry Sunrise, you'll be able to move as you want after."

You looked back at the doctors, " can I hack through... systems with my... laptop instead?" you asked, Neil shrugged. "I don't see why not?" he says, all of you laughed.

Your father went to your mother's side, holding her shoulders. "You only turned 19 two weeks ago, now looked what happened to you..." says your mother, looking down with shadows cascading her face. She looked up with a terrifying glare, "I'll kill whoever did this to you," she said with menacing eyes, your father rolled his eyes. "Pretty sure she's already done that, Yor," replies your father.

Don't mind Author-san experimenting with crossovers.

Word Count: 1353