Now Playing: Say You Won't Let Go

Status: Unedited

Published: July 6, 2023

A/N: Since my obsession with Giyuu's been growing, here's another chapter

Unfortunately, Veronica had to go home early to buy everything they need for their little teashop. So she leaves your and Giyuu alone.

You sigh in relief, "I almost let your real name slip multiple times today..." you say, putting on a mask. You give one to Giyuu and he put it on, continuing to skate around the City.

Giyuu jumped over a railing and you laughed, "good one!" you yell, finding a rail that you could aggressive skate on. You slid down the rail and hopped back to the road after, "do it!" you tell him, coming across another rail.

Giyuu did it too but it wasn't as perfect as you did earlier. "Shucks, we might have to try a different one soon."

You look around and saw your house. You and Giyuu enter and take off your new skates, bringing them inside your room and turning the AC on. You slumped in bed and lay down in silence, staring at the ceiling.

Giyuu was standing at the foot of the bed and stared at you. You crack an eye open and sat up, pulling Giyuu in the bed who had wide eyes.

"Uh-"

"I wanna hug you."

"... okay..?"

"Yes!"

You put your arms around Giyuu's torso and he just lay there like: 🧍‍♂️

You hum in content. "You smell like how after the rain is..." you say, making him hum. "You smell like watermelon, my favorite fruit."

You giggle. "Well, you remind me... of a song by a specific artist," you say, getting up from the bed and opening your bed drawer, taking out your guitar. Giyuu sat up across from you as you tuned up your guitar.

"Urokudaki-san plays that too," says Giyuu, taking off his Haori and put it on the headboard neatly folded. You look at him in surprise, "does he, now? I didn't actually think he'd take a liking to the guitar."

Giyuu thought for a bit, "he used to sing to us while we're training. Me and Sabito."

You played a simple finger exercise and strummed a G chord downwards. You smiled, "lemme just-"

You adjusted the capo to the the fret you desired and started to pluck the strings to a certain rhythm. You couldn't seem to get the rhythm right, so you took your earbuds and connected them to your phone, finding a metronome video and playing it at 85 bpm.

"Okay, now I'm ready."

Giyuu nods, "I am, too."

You giggle at him and start to play the song again.

"I met you in the dark, you lit me up

You made me feel as though I was enough

We danced the night away, we drank too much

I held your hair back when you were throwing up.

Then you looked over your shoulder, for a minute I was stone cold sober

I pulled you closer to my chest."

At those words, Giyuu sighed, taking a pillow from the side and hugging it. He couldn't remember the last time he was hugged, it was probably a long time ago when he was still a child.