Now Playing: Light Switch (Brighter Mix)

Status: Unedited

Published: July 16, 2023

Giyuu woke up first and started to boil some water for hot beverages and your baths. You woke up as soon as you beard shuffling from the kitchen, when you went there, you saw Giyuu waiting for the water to boil as he tried to keep himself awake on the table.

You smiled a little as you walked pass him, rubbing his head to wake him up a little. "... huh..?"

He looked behind him to see you looking around, "do you have some eggs?" you ask him, he nods. "Yes, hold on I'll get you some..." he says, standing up and rubbing his eyes.

You smiled as you took out a pan, putting a half a cup of cooking oil on it and let it heat up. Giyuu closed the cupboard above him and gave you the tray of eggs, "what else do you need?" he asked.

You thought for a while, "could you maybe get me some milk and flour?"

You ended up making omurice and some pancakes. Since you weren't really find of syrup, you left it as it is with some blueberries on top. You gave a plate to Giyuu who smiled at you, "thanks."

"You're welcome."

You two ate in silence as Giyuu would steal glances from you from time to time. Normally, you would find yourself doing this instead but you were too deep in thought, overthinking of what might happen to your Final Selection.

'What if Sanemi breaks my arm? Worse, he might break my fucking back... He already hates me as it seems- oh shit, I'm kinda scared of Obanai too... but Shinobu, what if she doesn't go easy on me even if I've built a close friendship with her these past months? Oh, who am I kidding, it's a fucking Final Selection for God's sake-'

"Are... you alright?" Giyuu's voice chirped, interrupting your thoughts. You look up at him, "oh... yeah, I was just..."

You sighed and threw your hands up, "I'm getting anxious," you admit, showing him your shaking hands.

Giyuu looks down, "the Master won't let me fight with you, so don't expect me to be your opponent at the Final Selection," he says, drinking his milk.

You scratch your head, "but I'd like you to be there, still... Not to coach me, I'm sure that'll be cheating, but to just... you know," you laugh a little, unable to explain why you want him to be at your Final Selection.

"To let you know that I'm there?" he asked, taking a guess. You shook your head, "nah, that's not it..."

Then you snapped your fingers, "I want you to see my improvements when you weren't coaching me!" you say, smiling. Giyuu's brows knitted, "you've done training without me? Since when?" he asked.

You twirl your finger around your hair, "every night~" you giggle.

Giyuu scratched his head, "didn't I tell you to rest easy at night? You're so persistent..."

You shrug, "well, I can't help it. I'm too excited to become an actual demon slayer," you say. You continue to eat your breakfasts while conversing, it became less awkward thankfully.

You and Giyuu had a little fight about who's going to wash the dishes, so you settled it with rock, paper, scissors. Giyuu won with paper against rock, so he ended up washing the dishes and pushed you in the bathroom.

You roll your eyes, "never thought the Water Pillar would be so competitive at rock paper scissors," you giggle to yourself, stripping off your clothes as you start to take a shower.