Now Playing: And so It Begins

Status: Unedited

Published: July 18, 2023

You look at Giyuu tiredly, laying on the ground while weakly holding your sword.

Giyuu sheathed his own as he walked up to you, kneeling down and picked you up. "You've done well, Y/n... our sessions end here..." he says, connecting your foreheads together.

You fell asleep even when you didn't want to, thanks to Urokudaki who used a spell on you. Giyuu thanked him for he knows how lively you become at night, "put her to bed, the Master wants to see her at 8 am tomorrow before she heads out," says the former Water Pillar, Giyuu nods. "Thank you for taking the time to train her when I wasn't present."

Urokudaki only laughed, "she didn't need me at all, I just came for a show." He pats Giyuu's shoulder, "but the best I've seen so far in your story, is how this girl," Urokudaki puts his hand on your forehead, "made you what you are today," he says. "As far as I remembered, you never smiled once after your Final Selection, and your reason is valid."

Giyuu frowns, "I am not worthy of my place."

"But to this girl, you are," Urokudaki argues, silencing his student. Giyuu only looked down, "no matter how much you try to change my mind, I'm still not worthy to stand amongst the Pillars," he walks away back to his Estate, your sleeping figure in his arms.

"I am a fake Pillar..."

Urokudaki sighed and looked up at the sky painted with purple hues and orange tints.

"Sabito... what ever will I do with Giyuu?"

When Giyuu arrived at his Estate, he laid you on your bed in your room and asked a female Kakushi to change you out of your clothes and into a more comfortable Kimono. Giyuu washed his face in the bathroom and glared at himself in the mirror, "Tomioka-dono..?"

Giyuu looked at the door and opened it slightly, his face drenched in water peeking out. "Yes? What is it?" he asked, the woman showed you standing behind her. Giyuu flinched and wiped his face with his towel, coming out of the bathroom with his upper clothing unbuttoned all the way down.

"What's wrong?" he asked you, you shook your head. "Nothing... I thought you left," you say, hugging yourself. Giyuu closed the bathroom door, "now, why would I leave you?" he asked, you shrugged. "I dunno, I just..." you bit your lip, "I... had a bad dream..."

Giyuu asked you to sit down on the living room couch, so you followed. He buttoned his uniform back up to be formal, he wouldn't want this talk to be disrupted by such improper manner.

"So, would you like to talk about it?" he asked, you hesitantly nodded, but it was still a yes which made Giyuu smile a little. "You..." you say, slowly lifting your finger up at his nose.

"What about me?"

Your irises slit into the middle as they narrowed, Giyuu didn't cower away or flinch, he only looked back into your demonic eyes how he would always look at you.

Gentle.

You started to sob which made Giyuu pull you close to him, "hey, it's alright. What happened in your dream?" he asked, you pulled back and didn't show him your face as tears continuously flowed down your face. "Y-You left..." you simply said.

Giyuu tilted your chin up to his face, taking in your distressed expression. "Why would you think I'd leave you?

I'll never leave you..." he says softly.

You shook your head, making his hand withdraw from your chin as your hands made their way up to your hair, messing it up. "No no no no, you don't understand," you squeaked.