𝐃𝐚𝐲 3 : 𝐈𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

I visited the park once again, my thoughts filled with those of Yasmine

I wanted something to happen in the fictional way, rain to start pouring down and us seeking shelter.

Despite the fact that she called me stalker, I couldn't help but like her.

And looks weren't the thing. It was an unknown attachment.

She was already sitting there, under the leafless tree and held a book. When I took a closer look, I realised it was my book : Zero 'o' Clock.

As if she felt my presence, she looked up in my direction and smiled.

I always melt at her smile.

I went closer to her and sat down beside her.

"Reading my book?" I casually started a conversation.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" she rhetorically asked; the sass never ends.

"Yes, may I ask you something?" I looked at her; almost lovingly.

"Go ahead," she said without looking up from the book.

She's technically listening to me if she's reading my book, I convinced myself.

"Why do you always sit under this tree? It's leafless and it doesn't provide any shelter now," I stared at her and observed her features, the blinking of her eyes, the formation of a smile. She looked so beautiful.

"Because it always provided me shelter. It doesn't matter if it can't give me anything now. It gave me everything it could when it had the ability. Now that it's in a vulnerable condition doesn't mean I should stop valuing it,"  she said so deeply feeling every word. I was in love now.

This was exactly what I felt about things. It felt like I was talking to a better version of myself. Someone so beautiful inside out.

I liked her.

"It's not only about trees. In life, we value people only till they give us something. When they are vulnerable, when they don't benefit us anymore, we leave them. Not a single care in the world. Just because you can't get something in return doesn't mean you should stop loving, stop caring," she looked at me so innocently, it was as if she addressing me.

I loved her.

And that was exactly my opinion, something that I expressed through my writings. But she, she said it so simply, so purely. She didn't have any masks of pretence, she was what she was. Something that not many people have nowadays.

And it fell out of my mouth recklessly, I didn't slightly intend it; just like Jacinth,
"I like you Yasmine, ever since I first saw you."

Her eyes widened and she looked at me completely taken aback, the book in her hands now rested on the ground and she checked me from head to toe.

She suddenly stood up and covered her face with her palms. I was dumbfounded to say the least, I stood up too, not sure what I should do.

"You- you like me-?" she asked with eyes so widened they might pop out of their sockets soon.

And then the realisation dawned over me, I made a mistake. A heavy mistake.

I was never meant to say that. It's so wrong, I should've never said that.

I didn't know how to face her, my ears were red and my eyes looking everywhere but at her.

I slowly and slightly nodded my head to answer her question.

I couldn't think of anything else.

"Jeon Jungkook, the super famous author, my favourite author, likes me?" she half screamed; puzzled "oh my god he likes me!"

She whispered the latter part but I heard it. And my heart started thumping in my chest. It was as if the book I was writing was a prophecy for my life. The name of the girl, the feelings, the reactions, everything just eerily matched.

I was bewildered, taken aback and what not.

But what Yasmine said next was something that left me speechless.

"I like you so much, you have no idea Jungkook. I've liked you for so long because of your books."