𝐃𝐚𝐲 2 : 𝐈𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

I was engrossed in my thoughts, she called me a stalker and her name is Yasmine as I got to know yesterday

I'd call it a great coincidence that she's got the same name as the character I'm writing.

I took out my notebook and continued writing.

Her name was Yasmine.

Jacinth felt a burst of emotions within him. He was unsure of his feelings until then, but that small gesture made them rigid.

Since that day, the fifth day of that autumn, Jacinth and Yasmine's story took a turn. It was no longer a single sided admiration. Their eyes always talked to the others despite their mouths never speaking a word.

It was something magical, euphoric.

One more day passed as such, with no words, only the intimacy of eyes.

On the seventh day, Jacinth lost his patience. He was more than just keen to hear the voice of Yasmine. He wanted to talk to her for hours and hours together. Although that wasn't possible because they both worked during the day, and only visited the garden at night.

And those nights of loneliness in the wordless presence of each other were unreal. No one would believe that a stranger's presence could bring such comfort.

But for Jacinth and Yasmine, it did.

Saturday it was, the night chilly. The leaves rustling. The sky covered in clouds. It was going to rain.

The lightening also made thundering noises but that didn't stop Jacinth's desperation. He was head over heels for someone he never talked to. It was strange, nonetheless; it was real.

And to his utter surprise, Yasmine was sitting there, completely unbothered by the weather. She was focused on her notebook, drawing. And he'd be lying if he said that didn't make his heart race, if that didn't make him love her more.

He crept slowly beside her. That day, he didn't bring anything as an excuse to stay there longer. He knew he just wanted to talk to her and that's it.

"Yasmine?" he asked.

"Oh you're here," she looked at him and added, "I didn't think you'd come today. It's going to rain."

"I thought you wouldn't come. But the little hope made my feet rush here,"he admitted.

"You've got a nice voice," she complimented making his cheeks flush red.

"Yours is really sweet," he responded.

"There's no need for flattery Jacinth. You're my artist friend," she patted his shoulder lightly and he was aghast.

His face totally red now and his mind a mess.

He knew he liked her but he never knew that the magnitude of that feeling was so high.

And he never expected her to be like this. She was totally contrasting to his imagination, but that made him like her more.

And what got into him was maybe a demon because his next words weren't something he decided to say so soon.

"I like you Yasmine, ever since I first saw you," he confessed taking both of them by surprise.

And as if the nature was following them, the rain started pouring. It wasn't a light rain. They weren't even unsheltered for a whole minute but got drenched.

"Let's go somewhere," Yasmine broke their awkward atmosphere and took his hand and her notebook. They started running towards a shelter.

"That was random Jacinth. But I already knew it," she said as they reached a sheltered bench area in the garden.

"You already knew that I- like you?" he asked completely embarassed.

"Yes, because I do too," that was all she said before complete silence took over them. Both analysing the situation and stealing glances at each other; shyly.

After I was finished writing this part of the story, I couldn't help but wonder about Yasmine.

The real life one; the one that I met.

I couldn't deny it any longer, I liked her.

But will our situation turn out the way I wrote?