Chapter 04: Tailed to Tell

It's been some time since I've been somewhere I belong, where I can learn and show my abilities and learn about myself and my competencies.

Mike was telling me about how his experience with the internship has made him know his strengths regarding filmmaking. He told me he was more interested in directing rather than writing, but when he interned and actually had the chance to direct a play he wrote, he wasn't good 'his words', but when a friend of his took the directing job, the play came out great.

His friend in this story is the 'chairman', and they both wanted to do things their way and help new, young, hardworking filmmakers, animators, and writers to have a place where they can discover who they are and their abilities.

Seeing Mike and how inspiring he is, I can't imagine meeting the CEO and how much I might learn in the process, I'm a workaholic so when I finally get a job I really can relieve my extra energy and bury myself in as much work as I can to be able I wipe away Sam's memory, and how the idea of him makes me excited.

I'm glad I'm interning this early, it would widen my career options and lessen the options of me dating someone specifically not Sam, That man has way too much effect on me, and that's the last thing I need in my life. Look at me still thinking about him.

My phone vibrates and shakes me away from my thoughts, it's Allen texting "Picking you in 30" I rolled my eyes in awe at how he wouldn't let it go; because if he remained hung up on this situation, I would as well.

Seeing how Allen is all over the place and trying to get me to spill the details while V is in silent mode, but I guess Allen does the job for both of them.

I texted him back "Okay" I knew he wouldn't give me any slack and let me be so I gave up.

Once the 30 min had nearly passed, I went down the stairs and waited for Allen at the entrance of my building. Allen might have told his girlfriend so she'd probably come along. When his car showed up in the driveway I could see a girl sitting in the passenger seat. She's here.

I walked towards the car while he pulled over, They both were looking at me with a smiles, Allen had an arm on his window and his other hand on the wheel, while Rachel had her phone in her hands, wearing what appeared to be a tiny cute green floral summer dress and a white cardigan on top.

I opened the back seat, adjusted myself, and put my bag on the other side of the seat. They both welcomed me, and Allen started driving.

" Where are we going? " I ask, well technically I kinda shouted, to pierce the EDM music Rachel has on. "Do you have somewhere in mind ?" Allen asked; I shook my head and Rachel kept filling our silence with various songs.

Rachel has a very unusual taste in music, she likes a bit of everything and that's something I admire, yet sometimes she surprises me. Rachel is a very nice girl, she's been with Allen way before I knew him, they're high school sweethearts.

He once told me, that he met her when he was a senior and she was a sophomore, and he fell in love with her when he was tutoring her in Math. Later in their relationship, she told him that she had a crush on him when they both were in drama club and asked him to tutor her when she didn't need it.

I find their story very sweet and cute, and I admire how strong their couple is but if I'm being honest I find the whole idea of a relationship very time and energy-consuming.

They have to tell, explain, and share everything with each other, I can barely share with my own self. I don't think it's worth it, with all the heavy baggage, but what do I know?

The only thing they can't discuss anymore is me.

Once, like a year ago, Rachel had this thought when she first got here that Allen is in love with me that our friendship can't be just platonic, and that I must have gotten him under some love spell.

All of this jazz caused a dramatic breakup, that lasted for eight weeks. And I don't want to remember those times when Allen was a mess and my daily life was a wreck. Glad those times are behind us.

I still feel that Rachel doesn't trust her boyfriend with me, she thinks that I'm only still single because I can not get over her precious man. Honestly, he is precious to me as well, but not in that way like at all.

I did like Allen, when I just met him; when I got to know him. Once I knew he had someone, I stopped getting attached romantically and kept things platonic.

Allen is dashing, hot and smart, and would check all the boxes for any girl, and he could easily beat anyone. While Rachel, if I'm being honest, isn't that great looking, she's cute and all but looks Allen could pull off better, and I'm proud of Allen that looks aren't all he wants, but he's in a relationship with someone of substance.

Even if at times, I think they're from different worlds, but as long as this dynamic works without problems then it's alright.

Allen and Rachel were discussing the meaning of some silly lyrics Rachel claims it's related to some beef between the male singer and some female singer who was leading him on just for more fame and spotlight, Allen thinks it's absurd since she's way more popular than he is so it's the other way around.

I didn't participate in the conversation avoiding to create beef with Rachel because she was going to write a song about me and my plan to steal her man. She thinks she's the future Taylor Swift.

We finally reached a restaurant around Rachel's neighborhood, and all I was thinking was, " What should I eat?

We got in and sat around the table. A couple of minutes later the waiter came to take our orders, I was craving Pizza and they ordered pasta.

So Allen turned towards me and asked with a smirk on his face "Are thinking about Mr. One time thing"

"Who's this?" Rachel said with wonder in her eyes, "It's just some guy, no big deal." I replied curtly, "The only guy I've heard you've got involved with is Noah and that's been a year and a half, so this is definitely a big deal, spill it already "she replied.

I looked at her and then at Allen, their eyes were full of hope, hungry to know more, their stares were coming too strong for me, and I knew I stood no chance against them; so I let my guard down and told them the whole thing.

"So I was in the park for some air, the book I'm currently reading was in my bag, so I sat on an empty wooden bench, facing a set of pine trees and some roses of different colors, making the view ascetically appealing and smells so muddy and fresh, this is what I'd imagine if I ever thought about how would the word nature smell, I picked my book, opening on page I bookmarked using an origami bookmark, minding my own shit.

I was focusing so hard on the book, this chapter is so overwhelming, and for a moment I felt a person sitting next to me on the bench and I could see their shadow next to my feet, I wasn't thinking much of it, but when I sigh reaching this part where one of my favorite characters is being on trial for something he didn't do, I got a bit emotional so I held the book while I shed few tears, and that's when he spoke to me "

I paused hoping that I lost their attention, and they wouldn't notice since neither of them was looking at me, Rachel was checking some app for groceries, and Allen was playing some silly game, surprisingly. They both lifted their gaze to meet mine and said at the same time " What did he say?"