Chapter 06 : The Butterfly Effect

The wink was just a little gesture, but this tiny gesture made the Butterflies move all over my belly, a wink that turned into a storm or a hurricane within me.

His eyes were this light chestnut with a sprinkle of green sapphires, his lashes were long enough to shadow his eyes, and his lips were thin but plump at the same time. His smile was charming, very charming, his teeth were pearly white, and he had one dimple on his left cheek.

He had this black stubble beard, that contrasted with his dark brown hair, his whole face looked handsome and felt like a breeze of a late summer to my eyes.

He was wearing a simple black shirt holding his muscular chest, and squeezing his arms; topped by a caramel thin jacket that complimented his eyes, and simple black jeans. His whole look was simple but he was the thing that wasn't simple, he was complicating my unknown feelings, those I'd like to keep buried in the depth of my imagination, buried for a lifetime. 

The game continued very fluidly, the moves were smooth and very well calculated, thinking about the next move he'd make appeared like a piece of cake, it was like the whole game was just a replay of a show he'd watched a hundred of times, every move his opponent makes, he's thought about and anticipated. The game looked like it was between an amateur and a master. I would bet Sam has won many championships. 

I heard people talking about how he hasn't lost a single game so far, and an old lad was saying that the last time he saw someone who played so well was his late uncle and he was treated as the genius of the village, this 'greed' god Sam is full of surprises, he didn't look like someone who'd play Badduk this good, but who am I so be stereotyping and judging him.  

He won, well with those skills, that's no surprise to me, nor to anyone, not even to his opponent who in his defense played a great match, if he wasn't as good as he is this match would have been a done deal before I entered the room; He wasn't that furious or upset, he was calm, he congratulated Sam with a handshake and walked to his wife, fluidly wrap his arm around her waist and she kissed him on his cheek and she whispered something on his ear that made a light smile land on his face.

Everyone was trying to congratulate the winner, I held my bag tight and tried to find my way out from this crowd, escaping the possibility of a conversation that may swift my feelings or change the gravity field towards him, I finally made it, without being caught with another smirk or wink, But my victory was taken away from me sooner than I could imagine, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around, and I was relieved, it was the lady I was talking to earlier, I still had a victory lap to enjoy,  and she said smiling  " Hey, I'm Emma and uhm we had a party planned for my husband Adam, I didn't think he would lose but here we are, so we didn't want to waste the chance to party, parties in our age are not that frequent" she chuckled " so I'd like you to come, It's a rare opportunity to meet a lady such as yourself playing Badduk".

I was skeptical at first but she had a point, she was the first woman I had met in the club aside from Eva who probably didn't have any idea what we were playing exactly, so Emma wanted to be my Badduk friend. It seemed to be a good chance for me to have a good friend outside my circle, regardless of the age gap. Plus it would be nice to have more women around here.

" I'm Roseanne and of course, I'd love to go." I agreed to her offer.

The party was in their restaurant, they had this beautiful classy Italian restaurant, It wasn't small nor big, just about the right size, they had pizza made for the party and of course drinks, and the latter was more interesting for me, since I wasn't 21 yet and I had free access to alcohol, every college kid will be jealous if they knew I got access to FREE booze, but the party didn't have people my age. I wasn't a party person to begin with, but free booze and meeting a female Badduk player, sign me in.