Suits you like your mate

Start from the beginning

The man grins, his mouth extending creepily, giving a full view of his teeth and gums. He looks at Taehyung meaningfully. 

“They helped me. Their skin, blood, everything can be used in need.” 

Taehyung feels a chill watching the man salivate at the thought of it. He felt vulnerable in front of this cannibal. When seeing the bodies piled up like this, he had this thought cross his mind but didn't expect Lucas to accept his deeds.

Lucas walks on his forelegs, getting closer to the alpha. Taehyung gulps and moves back as the man checks his features. Lucas sits on the ground and hands him the journal that he dug up from the soil.

He giggles. “The mine was not an accident but a planned assassination of our people. There are many crimes at our hands. My family was used. He uses everyone. He will use your mate to achieve his goals. Only your bond can protect us.” 

Taehyung had no desire of touching that filthy thing, but he was curious about the information written in it. 

“I am not a madman as you think. I have learned and spent time knowing about the dark history of Gandok. Has been a part of it. The dark age is not yet over. It has just stagnated. He will gain power and begin the horrors again. This family only loves to kill. We are cursed to kill.”

The hatred and seriousness in Lucas's eyes make Taehyung hold his breath. He was sure that he could see death in those eyes. The air around them felt to have stilled.

Taehyung hurries and gets up. Lucas's eyes watch his every move silently. 

Taehyung hesitantly says, “I need to go now. We will meet again. I will try to get you out of here.”

This time Lucas's smile vanishes completely. “We won’t. My goal is accomplished here. Moon Goddess saved me for this moment only. Now my soul is hers to take." 

He meets Taehyung's eyes. "Darkness hides the truth and keeps it safe for the right moment.” Lucas chuckles and runs away into the dark forest. 

Taehyung wanted to stop him, but the Goddess prevents him. She gestures to Taehyung to leave. The patrolling will begin in an hour, they need to leave the place before that. Taehyung gives a final glance at the place and then leaves under the guidance of the Moon Goddess.

They safely reach home and Taehyung after washing up goes straight to the study to check on the journal and photos he brought back.

Coming back to the present, he looks at the Moon Goddess who finally opens her eyes. 

“Did you read it?” She asks.

Taehyung sighs, thinking about it. He has not slept the previous night. Several questions needed answers and various emotions wanted relief. 

“Yes, I am still processing it. I have to look for more information. I don’t know what to feel like. Things are complicated, more than I thought. Were you knowing about all of this?”

The Moon Goddess gets down. She sits next to Taehyung and pats his hand. “You are apprehending the true, wild nature of humans. They can do anything to survive, to hold power.” 

"There is more to come." She glances at the door, then vanishes.

The butler knocks and enters, getting permission from Taehyung. “Sir, your clothes for the lunch at Ji's family have arrived.” 

Taehyung raises his brow upon hearing this, "Mr. Ji is still in the mood to party?"

The butler does not answer and puts the suit in the wardrobe. Taehyung’s phone starts to ring. He picks it up, seeing Elian on the call.