part 10 - I have never seen this before

Less' POV:

It has been a few hours since I left Ame and I'm seriously worried about her. I don't think in the entire time I have known her I've seen her this bad, even when she was pulled out of football. I tried everything that i could think of, everything that usually does the trick but i just couldn't seem to pull her out of it. 

I spent the last few hours talking to Keira about Ame. We tried to come up with other ideas of how to fix this before training tomorrow, knowing that if we can't she'll be sent home from camp and likely removed from football like before. I don't think she could survive that again which is terrifying to think about. 

"what if we got a few of the girls together, just the people she is closest to and headed over to the room to play fifa or something?" Keira suggested.

"i don't know Kei, I think she would just feel even more embarrassed at the thought of her friends seeing her in that state. She would never forgive us if it didn't work".

"I know she wouldn't Less but we have to try something. I don't know what else to do. Maybe more people do need to know, us two aren't enough anymore. She needs more support". 

This girl did not just say that i am not enough for my sister

"I'm enough! I can look after her Kei!" i raised my voice slightly. 

"I want to be enough for her" I mumbled as a tear found its way down my cheek. Keira just put her hand on my knee and gave me a sympathetic look. 

"I didn't mean it like that Less, you know that. Of course you are enough for her but in this particular situation maybe she needs more help than we are able to offer, maybe she needs professionals". She got quieter at the end hoping i wouldn't be offended again. I felt terrible but not angry, maybe she's right.

"Do you really think i should contact her therapist? What if Ame never forgives us?"

"She will forgive us Less, and if not then we just have to accept that. Isn't it worth her hating us if it keeps her alive?"

I dropped my head in my hands. I don't know how everything got so bad, she was so happy just a few days ago. At least i thought she was but she has a knack for fooling me into a false sense of security. 

"yeah it would be worth it, but this is a big decision to make and i think we should try one more time to get her out of this ourselves. This would destroy her and any chances of her playing football anytime soon, maybe ever". 

Keira looked at me softly trying to fight the tears herself before speaking,

"Why don't you go up and check on her now and then we can swap after so she isn't left alone, to give us the best chance".

"Sounds like a plan." I went to leave but before i was out of her reach Keira gently grabbed my trailing arm "we got this Less, we got her". 

With that i headed to the room, gently knocking on the door not really expecting her to answer. Just as I was about to turn the handle to walk in myself the door opened. I was met by the most shocking visual possible. It is certainly not what i thought i would find. 

Ame's POV 

I opened the door almost tripping over myself still giggling about Leah's horrendous attempt at making a joke. I flung the door open with the biggest grin on my face. This girl has so much power over me already. It isn't even fair at this point. 

My face drops slightly when i see Less at the door, her face completely giving away the toll the day has taken on her, the toll I've taken on her. 

She stood still, almost frozen in place like she was scared to move in case she woke up from the dream where i was happy again. Not knowing what to say I stepped out of my room for the first time today and wrapped her in a tight hug. Her whole body relaxed when she realised she was in fact not dreaming.