Midnight Suns Part 2: The Candidates

Inside the W.A.N.D. headquarters Phil Coulson opened up a tab on the interactive holographic screen showing the first recruit of the Midnight Suns Protocol. While Doctor Strange and Blade were getting ready to find their first recruit, Robbie Reyes (Ghost Rider) and Wolverine walked into the room. Wolverine looked around in silence for a while, looking at the cold steel interior of the large room, surrounded by high tech.

Wolverine: Well you guys seem tense, can someone explain to me what the hell that was back there? What's going on?

Strange looks at Coulson in confusion.

Doctor Strange: I didn't know he was on the team...

Blade: He's not. Robbie...

Robbie Reyes: Look when I got there he was already there fighting so I figured...

Phil Coulson: We need all hands on deck. Welcome aboard Logan.

Wolverine: So what is this place exactly?

Phil Coulson: After everything that happened in recent years, S.W.O.R.D has been working to create a branch department that specializes in the world of magic and the supernatural.

Wolverine: W.A.N.D right?

Phil Coulson: Fury chose me as its director since I've had some experience in that arena a few years ago, that was when I met Robbie over here.

Wolverine: Yeah what's his deal exactly? It's not everyday you see a man with a burning skull fighting zombies in the streets. And trust me, I've seen many weird stuff over the years.

Robbie Reyes: What you saw was the Ghost Rider, some sort of "spirit of vengeance". It was passed on to me by a man named Johnny Blaze to save me after I got shot.

Wolverine: So can you like... Control it or what?

Robbie Reyes: Sometimes.

Logan looks at him with a slight frown and turns to Blade.

Wolverine: And who are you supposed to be?

Blade: Blade.

Wolverine: And you do what exactly?

Blade: I hunt monsters... With a blade. I'm also a vampire.

Wolverine: Seriously...

Doctor Strange: Look we don't really have the time to get to know each other, we need to find the others and stop this before it's too late.

Wolverine: Others?

Coulson opens the tab on the screen with the names and faces of the candidates.

Blade: Nearly each of these candidates has some form of experience in dealing with threats such as the one we are facing right now. The ones who do not, are skilled and ruthless enough to do what has to be done.

Wolverine: Care to enlighten me.

A beeping sound activated on the monitor, revealing yet another portal that has opened up, this time in London.