Chapter 28: INCURSION WAR Part 3

Back at Kamar Taj, where Peter and Wanda went for a brief moment of solitude in order to devise a plan. She held her head down, still believing that all hope was lost.

Peter then put his hand on her chin while lifting her head back up

Spider-Man: Look at me.

Wanda gazed at Peter with her glowing emerald eyes in utter fear. For the first time he could see her soul deep inside by merely looking at her eyes. It told him her whole story. The dread and sadness, the despair, the trauma. He saw it all.

Wanda: We can't win... We're... They're all going to die. And it's all my fault.

Spider-Man: Wanda, you... Don't ask me how I know this, but... You have such a capacity for goodness... You've just been through so much horrible, unnecessary things... But you have the power to save us all. If you could just... Stop hiding behind your pain. If you would just stop constantly beating yourself up over this!

Wanda interrupted with her voice slightly above a whisper.

Wanda: I can't.

Spider-Man: You can. You may not believe it, but I do... I believe in you Wanda, so believe in me.

Wanda: How?

Spider-Man: You don't have to know how, you can do anything. You just have to believe it will happen, truly believe it. Like I do.

Wanda: It's not that easy.

Spider-Man: Close your eyes... Take a deep breath. Think about what I told you back in New Asgard and take it to heart. Believe it to the fullest... Think about everything and everyone you lost, think about every single thing that went wrong in your life...

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths.

Spider-Man: Your grief... Your love... Your vulnerability. That's your superpower. It's your greatest weapon and you don't even realize it. It's not a weakness.

Wanda: What are you saying?

Spider-Man: I'm saying that your weakness is your strength. Or... You have to own it make it your strength. Look, Wanda, I've shared a bit about my life with you, so I can say from personal experience. Our scars can hurt us, and man it hurts. It hurts so much.