Chapter 17: The Incursion

Universe-199999
New Asgard

After the heroes agreed to protect Wanda, they were discussing strategy for when the other heroes from Universe-838 arrives to kill her

After the heroes agreed to protect Wanda, they were discussing strategy for when the other heroes from Universe-838 arrives to kill her. Peter Parker was still outside with Wanda.

Warmachine: How would they know where to find her in the first place?

Doctor Strange: Because they put a tracker on me.

Captain Marvel: So let's just destroy the tracker and go somewhere else.

Doctor Strange: I knew about the tracker. I'm not stupid. I thought it might be an advantage. We can keep the tracker and prepare for their arrival. As far as I know, we outnumber them almost five to one. They are expecting me alone with Wanda. I say we give them the surprise of a lifetime.

Strange didn't know about all the other heroes that were also coming. He was referring to the ones he saw at the baxter building - Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, Hulk, Doctor Doom, Baron Mordo and Iron Man.

Captain America (Sam): I say we wait for their arrival at Wakanda, we can take Wanda to Shuri. Wakanda's forces may also lend a hand. The sooner we stop them the sooner we can work on fixing this incursion.

White Wolf (Bucky): I'll call them.

Strange and Magneto knew that Kang was looking for Wanda but they didn't want to tell the rest since they would figure out that she is the being they were trying to find and kill earlier. So Strange didn't want to risk her going to Wakanda where Kang will arrive if the trap works.

He knew they would probably have to find out at some point, but he was still working out a way to explain it to them.

Doctor Strange: I don't think it's a good idea to bring her to wakanda.

Captain America (Sam): Why not?

Doctor Strange: It's just... I think we should take her somewhere where we won't be at the time. That way they still won't know where she is, remember they are tracking me to get to her. I think we should take her to Kamar Taj.

Wong: Absolutely not! You remember what happened last time.

Doctor Strange: She wasn't herself and you know it ... Okay then let's take her to the New York Sanctum.