Chapter 30: INCURSION WAR Part 5

Loki's words carried an immeasurable weight. The notion of bringing someone back after they had just died was not something to be taken lightly. His words especially took Spider-Man by surprise.

Spider-Man: What? You mean... Like...

Loki (god of stories): Yes. And we must hurry. My power can only suspend Doom in time for so long.

Iron Man: Can't we just kill him now while he can't move?

Loki (god of stories): You're welcome to try. But he is too powerful. He cannot be killed so easily.

Strange Supreme: What if we just cut off his head here and now?

Loki (god of stories): As I said... You're welcome to try. His astral form would just create a new body for himself. Wanda is our only shot. Even if she fails, at least she can reboot the multiverse and create another loop. It is what she was chosen for anyway.

Vision: I don't know about this.

Loki (god of stories): I will light the spark, but Thor, you need to fan the flame.

They walked towards Wanda's corpse. Loki stood over Wanda's body and crouched down, touching her forehead, unlocking her true potential, causing a massive surge of energy to re-enter her body. Spider-Man also crouched down and held her hand.

Spider-Man: Will this work?

Loki (god of stories): This is our only shot. I gave her a part of my energy to jumpstart her heart.

In the distance, Thor's hammer acted strange. Shaking uncontrollably with sparks of lightning raging across its surface.

Doctor Strange: What if she's not herself, when she awakens?

Loki (god of stories): She was chosen for a reason, Strange. Have faith.

Vision: This is madness.

Loki (god of stories): Thor, her body would not be able to contain this much power alone. Mine combined with hers would cause a chain reaction of unlimited power multiplying at an infinte rate. She needs the hammer to channel and contain it.

Thor: What must I do?

Loki (god of stories): The only reason Mjolnir has not come to her yet was because it is still loyal to you. You have to switch ownership momentarily.

Thor: How do I do that? Steve could wield it just fine a few years back.

Loki (god of stories): Speak the words unto the hammer. She is already worthy, you just need to speak it. Steve Rogers was able to switch ownership because you were in danger, so mjolnir chose Steve to save you.

Thor: That... Makes sense. Okay, I'll try.

Thor looked at Wanda, then closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as he held his arm out to call Mjolnir. Once Mjolnir was in his possession, he began whispering to it.

Thor: Today... I speaketh unto this hammer in the presence of the allfathers... Whosoever is in near proximity this hammer, if 't be true they hast endured tremendous loss and trials... If't be true they hast strength, courage, a good heart and sheer selflessness... If they hast the will to give up everything for the sake of others... They art therefore worthy... If anyone holds these values, especially during times of hopelessness... they shall be reborn into a Harbinger of Hope and they shall possess the full power... of Thor.