Chapter 24: The Scarlet Redeemer

Universe-199999

New York
Present day

Every single hero was present when they were shown what really happened in the previous timeline, the fact that Wanda gave everything up so that the multiverse could be saved. All of our heroes from 199999 was there along with everyone from 838 and all the paragons of the multiverse including The Watcher.

Professor X removed his fingers from his head after he showed everyone the original timeline and how Wanda was the one who saved the multiverse from total destruction.

(He basically showed them everything you read in the previous chapter, which was the flashback chapter.)

The Watcher: I hope now after seeing the truth, you will all realize what needs to happen. Strange, you of all people should've understood that dream. What the eye of agomotto tried to show you.

Doctor Strange: Wait how do you know about that?

Wanda's heart shattered into a million pieces as she beheld the truth of what had really transpired. A feeling of incomprehensible loss and grief overwhelmed her. Even though she would never remember her life in the original timeline, catching a glimpse of her former self surrounded by her loved ones made her heart ache for what she once had.

She had forsaken all of that, willing to endure this living hell to save the multiverse, yet she couldn't even recall doing it. The agonizing truth was that all the misery she had ever endured was a direct consequence of her tampering with reality. The people she cherished most, whom she lost time and time again, were never meant to be lost. The world's fear of her, the corruption that the darkhold had wrought upon her, and the ever-present loneliness that gnawed at her soul were all unnatural and never meant to happen.

Vision and Spider-Man held her up, supporting her battered and bruised body. As Vision embraced her, she mourned the perfect life she had exchanged for this wretched one.

Vision: I'm here, it's okay Wanda.

She could only weep softly, her tears soaking his shoulder.

Vision: It's okay. I've got you.

In that moment, Wanda finally had the chance to reflect on the fact that Vision was alive, that he had never perished on the Island. As she gazed into his eyes, she whimpered.

Wanda: Vis?

Vision: I'm here.

Wanda: I thought I lost you... again.

She coughed violently, a reminder of the damage inflicted upon her.

Vision: As I've told you before, I will never leave you again. That is a promise.

Professor X's revelation had rendered everyone speechless. They stood frozen, unable to articulate their thoughts and emotions. Upon seeing the truth, they were overwhelmed with guilt and shame over what they did to her. Vision tenderly wiped away her tears, while Spider-Man touched her shoulder, lowering his head. Wanda released herself from Vision's embrace, and stumbled, lacking the strength to stand. Peter caught her, preventing her from falling, and then held her close.