Chapter Twenty

Taking off my dress and putting on an oversized t-shirt then getting into my bed was not how I envisioned me spending the rest of my night

Taking off my dress and putting on an oversized t-shirt then getting into my bed was not how I envisioned me spending the rest of my night. I expected us to come back to our hotel room, and talk some more, then him undressing me and giving me orgasms.

How does someone live with a past like that? I like him, I really do, however, it's gonna take a while for me to get used to what he did well what he had to do. I'm sure he was young when his father made him do those things, I mean it doesn't make it right but still, how could you as a father make your child kill others?

I can see and hear the remorse in Dmitri when he spoke about what he had to do and I can't imagine having to live with those memories especially when you thought that you were doing it all just to please a parent which in my opinion was not a parent.

That was just a crime boss wanting another henchman to do his dirty work.

Our time in London was coming to an end and in 2 days we will be going to South Korea where my mom was, she went a day after we left for London

The week has been filled with meetings with other tech companies for collaboration as well as interviews with the BBC and a couple of radio stations. So it was hectic, Jordan and I hardly had any time to ourselves to talk about what I told her.

As far as I can see she isn't pushing me away which is good, giving her time to process all that I've told her was a great idea and I hope that she can see me for the Dmitri I was before I told her any of that.

I am also hoping that she will be mine despite my past.

Taking a sip of my coffee, I click send on an email letting all of the employees know that I'll be out of the office for a month along with Jordan, I deserve a break. She deserves one after I've been working her so hard the last year.

As I rest my cup on the side table next to me she walks into the common area wearing a grey 2 piece loungewear, She looks so good.

"Still working?" She sits next to me and I feel her exposed thigh press against mine.

"Just letting them know we won't be in the office for a month" I close the laptop, placing it on the coffee table in front of me.

"Just want to let you know that I still like you and I'm willing to give us a chance" She turns to me and I am happy to hear that as I was wondering if there was ever gonna be an us.