Chapter Eleven

Our time in Taiwan was coming to an end and it was beautiful, everything went smoothly with Mr Chen and the deal we made was sure to benefit both of us in the long run

We go back to Melbourne in 2 days and I can tell that Jordan is exhausted, as I'm driving us back to the villa I look over at her and she is dozing off with her head resting on the glass of the car window.

Driving into the yard of the villa I turned off the engine after parking and looked over at her. I can't help but admire how beautiful she is. I reach over to lightly caress her cheek, prompting her to lean into my palm and her eyes flutter open.

"We're here," I said, getting out and walking over to her side, opening the passenger door and helping her out of the range rover that I rented for us while here.

"So tired" she yawns, stumbling in front of me as she walks up the steps of the villa. She leans on the door frame, I come up next to her and unlock the door.

"I got you" I place one arm around her waist and the other under her knees taking her into my arms.

"I know you're strong Dmitri but I can walk" she mumbles sleepily into my neck, her lips on my skin sending a shiver down my spine.

"Yes, but you're tiredly stumbling your way into the house" I walk down the hall and into her room.

I set her down on the bed, she took off her blazer and I took it from her placing it on the chair in the room then I bent down unbuckling her heels before taking them off. "I'll change when I wake up, I just need to really sleep right now" she mumbles, lying down and getting comfortable, I pull up the blanket over her and turn to walk out of the room when she grabs my hand stopping me.

I look down at our joined hands, I look up and her eyes are semi-closed. "Thank you" she whispers.

"You're welcome," I say letting go of her hand, I close the door to her room enter the one across from hers and sit down on the bed running my hand down my face.

Maybe I should just let go of the past and give in to what I'm feeling for her.

The last time I opened up my heart for someone it got broken.

Literally.

Our flight leaves at 7 tonight so I spent the last day in Taiwan sleeping until it was 1 in the afternoon

Our flight leaves at 7 tonight so I spent the last day in Taiwan sleeping until it was 1 in the afternoon. Waking up from such a long nap I was hungry so I brush my teeth, took a shower and walked into the kitchen with the intention of making something to eat but there were bags with containers of food already on the kitchen island.

"I figured you'll be hungry when you wake up so I ordered some food, they just delivered it so it's warm," Dmitri said walking into the kitchen and taking a seat at one of the barstools.

"Thank you" I sit down next to him, open one of the containers and proceed to eat the cheesy pasta with mushrooms, I moan "This is good".

I can feel Dmitri's eyes on me as I eat and I turn to him "Are you not eating?"

"I....I... already ate" He stutters.

"Okay," I giggle eating another fork full of pasta.

The rest of the evening was spent writing reports, Dmitri having virtual meetings that I had to sit next to him for and then packing our luggage into the car before heading to the airport where we were up in the air in no time

I look across at Dmitri sitting in front of me, he's staring at his laptop and I can hear the clicking of the keys on the keyboard as he types.

I take my glasses off and rub my palms into my eyes, leaning my head back on the seat and gazing out of the plane window at the night sky. It really is beautiful flying at night and I am looking forward to seeing the sunrise as we enter Australia's air space.

"Can I get you anything else?" I heard the flight attendant ask Dmitri and he asks for a bottle of water then she turns to me "Anything for you?" She smiles at me.

"No thank you, I still haven't finished my wine yet" I smile at her.

"Okay if you need more, just let me know" She said, still smiling at me as she walks to the front of the plane.

I am woken up by the shaking of the plane, I look outside and the sky is still dark "What's go...ing on?" I struggle to breathe as the plane continues to shake, it feels like I'm having a panic attack.

"Hey, it's okay just turbulence" I can feel Dmitri's hand on my cheek, when did he get beside me I didn't even see him move. 

I gasp still struggling to get a breath in.

"Look at me" he cups my chin, and turning my head gently towards him, I open my eyes to his looking back at mine "The plane is just flying through some clouds right now. Think of it like when a car drives over speed bumps, that's what going through the clouds is like, okay you're fine" he reassures me.

I inhale slowly as I begin to breathe normally, he continues to caress my face, he then rubs his thumb along my bottom lip and his finger feels like a wave of heat that causes a throbbing between my thighs.

"You're safe, I got you" he whispers softly and I swear I can feel his lips brush lightly against mines as he speaks but instead of kissing me he slowly pulls back. "Look it's sunrise, we're almost home" he continues softly.

I can feel the sun shining on my face as I look out of the plane window, it really is a stunning view "Such a beautiful sight" I rasped.

"Yes, a truly beautiful view"

I have a feeling that he isn't talking about the sunrise.

A couple of hours after we landed, he collected his car at the airport parking lot then he took me home.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Thank you for reading!

COMMENT|VOTE|SHARE