Chapter Three

I was running a bit late which doesn't happen often as I hate being late, especially for my work, even if I'm the owner/CEO

I was running a bit late which doesn't happen often as I hate being late, especially for my work, even if I'm the owner/CEO. My being late on this day is something that I can't control as I had a lot to do before going into the office.

I had to clear a shipment of laptop parts that we'll be using to make gaming laptops for a Taiwanese company and then I had to visit the factory to look at our new prototype.

At first, when I came up with the idea to start a tech company, I was looking at developing applications, codes, and software, but as my business grew I decided that I'll also make parts that can be assembled into mobile phones, TVs, computers, laptops and so much more. Some of these parts are sold to big manufacturing companies all over the world, but we also make our own devices at our factory, and we also we assemble the devices for other major manufacturing companies.

After a brief visit to one of my factories, I made the short journey back to my building to get started on the paperwork that has been piling up for the past couple of months.

I am happy that I've finally hired a PA to help with the tremendous amount of workload I have to do. Even though I was advised to get one when my business started to gain notoriety, I was stubborn, and I think a bit hesitant about having someone new be integrated into the things that go on behind the scenes when it comes to running a business, but I'm okay with it now, I would like to think that it's because I've gotten older why I was not as hesitant as before in getting a PA.

 Even though I was advised to get one when my business started to gain notoriety, I was stubborn, and I think a bit hesitant about having someone new be integrated into the things that go on behind the scenes when it comes to running a business, b...

"Good morning Pat....." my greeting came off as cold and emotionless, but Mrs Hall is accustomed to it as she has been my secretary from the beginning, "How's the new employee?"

"Good day Mr Park. She has been great so far. She is struggling a little with our data entry system, but I can see that she's determined so I'm sure she'll get it eventually."

"Good" I stroll towards my office, taking off my jacket, I sit in front of my computer and turn it on to thousands of Email notifications. I sigh and open the first one, which is just a reminder for an upcoming meeting, but as I open the third e-mail, the number of unread e-mails goes up to a lot more.

I lean back into my chair and stare at the ceiling to build up the courage to continue reading these emails and to also talk myself into not deleting them. Some were for sure junk that found their way into the inbox instead of junk mail.

I straighten myself, rest my hand on the mouse, select those I deem junk and delete them.

I turn to pick up a folder on my desk when my eyes land on a pair of dark brown ones behind a pair of red eyeglasses. If the sun weren't shining into her office, I probably would not have been able to see them against her light brown skin.

She fumbles with her pen and notebook before she slowly walks into my office and sits after greeting me. 

She's nervous.

"How's your first day going? I hope my staff has been treating you well."

"Your staff has been great to me. One of them has offered to buy me lunch today, and I seem to be having some trouble with your data entry system", she replies.

Her voice trembles as she speaks. Why is she so nervous around me? There's no need for her to be.

"Don't worry about the system I'll teach it to you" She gazed at me hesitantly before nodding her head.

"Now, were there any messages left for me?" I ask.

She places the pen behind her right ear and then opens her notebook. 

Cute.

"Mr Huang called for you; he said to call him back that it's urgent, there were 10 calls from multiple people asking for your sponsorship for their charity event, and Mrs Tan called to remind you about a dinner meeting with her and her husband tonight." The trembling in her voice is almost nonexistent now, she just needs to get comfortable.

"Okay, is that it?"I move the mouse to wake my monitor.

"Just one more thing I need the password to your Email, Mrs. Hall only gave me the email address as she can't remember the password."

"Okay," I write down the password on a piece of paper before handing it to her."I'll call you if I need anything."

"Alright," she says, getting up and walking the short distance back into her office.

"Wait", I call out to her, and she turns back to me.

"There is some paperwork for me to sign that's on the floor below us; in the finance department, Can you get those for me?"

"Sure," She says, walking into her office, resting down her notebook and leaving the office altogether.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Thank you for reading!
COMMENT|VOTE|SHARE