Chapter Eight

4 months later-November

Lena had planned a weekend getaway for us two months ago but kept putting it off because she's either busy or I'm too tired to go on an hour-and-a-half trip to where we'll be staying.

Seeing that her bridal store is opening this month her workload has died down a bit. Hence, we decided to go this weekend, which is great because I have Friday off so we can go earlier to our Airbnb and there's no work on Saturday as there'll be a deep cleaning of the office then it will be fumigated.

Walking into Dmitri's office, his best friend Leo is there sitting in front of him speaking to him.

"Hi, Jordan '' Leo beamed, that's the one thing I can't understand, he's so warm and cheerful whenever I see him so I want to know how he became friends with such a grumpy person.

"Hey" I walk over to Dmitri "Can you sign these requisition forms for me?" I ask handing him the forms.

Taking the forms from me I feel his fingers brush against my hand causing a fluttering sensation in my stomach, I know I said that he and I wouldn't work out but in the last month or so I started to like him more, the way he talked, his voice, how he commands a room during meetings and the way he says my name. I think that's where it started. He began calling me by my first name instead of Ms Jones and every time he did I'd get butterflies.

"Here you go" Dmitri handed the forms back to me.

"Thank you" walking back into my office to stamp them then I carried them down to the purchasing department.

"She likes you," Leo said smiling at me.

"No, she doesn't, I'm her boss she tolerates me"

"Didn't you just see the way she reacted to your hands brushing against hers?"

"No"

"Well I can see it and I can feel the tension between you too"

"Sure you can," I said to him sarcastically "Why are you here?"

"I just wanted to see my best friend" He laughs. "When was the last time you were with someone?"

"Urm... it's been a while" more like 6 years but he doesn't need to know that. The last real relationship I had was 9, 10 years ago and I thought that she was the one but instead, I got my heart broken. Ever since I haven't been in a relationship and I'm not interested in being in one right now maybe sometime in the future but I'm not pressed about it now.