Chapter Six

After eating lunch I still had half an hour left before I have to be back in my office so I decided that I'll stay and talk with my friend; Kristina and Selena

"What's up with you" I hear Kristina ask and she's looking at Lena with confusion. When I was getting ready for work this morning Lena was asleep so I didn't get to ask her where she was last night.

"Yeah, Lena what's up? Where were you last night? I was worried" I ask.

"I went on a date," she answers.

"That's great, how was it?" Tina asks her but from how Lena's looking I would say that it wasn't a great night for her.

"It was great....great food, an amazing conversation and he was good-looking too." she sighs.

"Okay, so then why do you look so down?" I ask her.

"It was great until he offered to take me home...he told me that he is going to go out to his car and after 5 minutes I could leave the restaurant, I said okay because I didn't see anything wrong with that. So after waiting 5 minutes, I went out and I was shocked at what I was seeing. This man had the back door of his car open and he is there lying down on the seat butt naked" She sounds upset which I would be too but it is also funny, she's even laughing too.

I burst out laughing. I can see that one scene from a YouTuber's video where he made an animation of a marching band carrying a big red flag with the words 'big o'l red flag' on it and I can't help but start laughing again.

"Where did you meet this guy?" I ask her.

"Instagram" she mumbles, if I was not listening to her I probably wouldn't have heard what she said.

"Did he find you or did you find him?" I ask.

"He dmed me, he simply said 'hi beautiful' and I also went through his profile which had no more than 10 photos most of which were of mountains, sunrise and one with him. I should have known better" she ends angrily taking a sip from her lemon water. "How could such a good-looking guy, a great conversationalist, be like that? I don't even know how to describe him. '' She seems so upset.

I guess she thought that he would be the one to fulfil one of her goals for the year; falling in love and getting married within a year or two. I think it's a reasonable goal but I also think that if you go out seeking a relationship you're gonna be searching for a long time. However, if you're patient it will just happen without even realizing it.

"Lighten up Lena he just wasn't the one and trust me the one will come into your life when you're least expecting it" I try to bring some positivity into our conversation and it's working because she starts smiling. "Besides you should've texted me that you were going on a date and where you were going for safety purposes, the world is a messed up place right now," I say to her.

"I forgot I was so excited to be going on a date with such a hot guy." She admits. "You know I could never understand how it is that you're so good at giving advice, you're so....how to put it?"

"You're mature in the sense of thinking and I love that about you" Kristina adds.

I'll take that as a compliment as it is not the first time I've been told that." thank you"

"I hope that whoever takes you off the market loves and treats you right like the queen you are because you deserve it" Kris gushes.

"And fuck you right too can't forget that" Lena adds causing Kristina and me to laugh.

"My God I love you guys," I say while laughing.

The time spent with Lena and Kris calm my nerves about being in my first meeting with Dmitri today.

After coming back from lunch I had to prepare the meeting materials as well as the conference room

After coming back from lunch I had to prepare the meeting materials as well as the conference room. Dmitri has a meeting with the executive of a startup cybersecurity company in the UK. From what I read they want him to buy shares in their company.

After placing the folders on the table I walk back to his office to let him know that the room is ready.

"Show them to the conference room. I'll be there shortly" he advises.

I want to give my input to him about buying the shares of Cyberware but I hold back on telling him what I think because I don't think that my input would be helpful as my only source is the internet.

"Follow me," I instruct the older men sitting in the waiting room.

The meeting had run for at least one to two hours, I don't understand why it had to go on for so long. Maybe it was the constant disagreement on the number of shares Dmitri is willing to buy. If it wasn't for the task of me doing the meetings I probably would have lost focus after the first hour. I am happy that they agreed on him buying the amount of thirty because it will be very profitable when he decides to sell said shares.

Picking up my bag I catch a glimpse of Dmitri speaking on the phone as I walk out of my office, we make eye contact and I wave bye to him.

He simply waved back and I swear I can see the corners of his mouth turn up into a smile but as soon as I've seen it it was gone and he was back to his expressionless face.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Thank you for reading!

COMMENT|VOTE|SHARE