Island Buddies (Street Fighter: Akuma/Reader)

You don't believe in curses or demons, so being told *that* island was bad news didn't really matter to you. Upon arriving there... you *still* don't understand what the fuss is about! Folks can sure be superstitious some times... The only thing here is your island buddy, and he's a-okay in your books!

-----

You had already made up your mind. Despite being told that this particular island that you had your eyes on was cursed, the home of some kind of demon or man-eating beast or... something or another- You didn't really pay their warnings much mind. The island wasn't off-limits for any reason other than the fact that local superstitions have declared it so. It was already evident that no person would assist you in going to that island, so you had to find your own way there! ...even if you didn't know how to pilot a boat you would figure it out, damn it!

No one has been there... maybe ever. You couldn't find anything in the way of photographs or even a description of the island, other than something vague and embellished by countless tales of some kind of supernatural monster with a red mane that was supposedly its sole inhabitant. You had been craving something... different in your life as of late. An adventure of sorts! Something to reinvigorate your taste for life and to reignite the fires of your creative and artistic passions! What better way to do this other than going to a forbidden, supposedly cursed island no man has ever set foot on?!

You weren't exactly disappointed when you reached the island... but you were kinda disappointed. It was untouched and beautiful, full of life and clean, crisp air... yet you supposed you were expecting something more... eye catching? Though... you have only just arrived. There's an entire island to explore! With your camera in hand, you had no shortage of wonderful vistas to snap to snap photos of and you're sure that you can find a nice stop to set up camp so you can break out your sketch pad and practice on creating some landscape portraits...

As you were exploring, you found a river, which you decided to follow for a while and while looking for a place to camp, you stumbled across a large, placid lake. It was breathtaking... You were a little lost in the moment, allowing your backpacks to drop from your shoulders as your eyes scanned across the horizon.

Wow... all this, untouched and likely never seen before... This is something special... You fumble with your camera, momentarily dragging your eyes away from the scene before you. Damn it-! The last thing you need to do is accidentally drop your camera and break it... or waterlog it... As you drag your gaze back towards the lake, something moves out of the corner of your eye.

"Huh...?"

You looked over your shoulder and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Hmm... Something red caught your eye... Or at least you think it was red. You turned around fully, flicking your eyes across the treeline and river's shoreline. Nope. Nothing... You shrugged it off, thinking it could have been a bird or an insect or even another kind of animal. Maybe that was the so-called 'red demon' that you were warned about... You chuckled to yourself, the little apprehension that you felt suddenly melting away. A little red devil that scurried away the moment you turned to look.

"Hmm... maybe he's shy..." You muttered under your breath as you smiled a little to yourself. Shaking your head and giggling, you turned back towards the lake and nearly swallowed your tongue as you came nose-to-chest with a large, burly man.

"GAH-?!"

You jumped back, nearly tripping on your own feet while squeaking and stuttering while the man just stood there, staring down at you without much expression on his face. After you regained control of your senses, your eyes searched the man, trying to gauge whether or not he was angry or upset at you. Were you trespassing? No one owns this... i-island...?