Caught His Eye (RE: Wesker/Fem!Reader) Part 2

The worst then the best then the worst-

-----

The night that you slept at Albert Wesker's home was, perhaps, some of the best rest that you have had in months. Maybe the best you've had in years... You awoke well rested but anxious. This wasn't something a faithful married woman would do... Even if you despise your so-called "husband"... Nothing happened. Albert, who was in the living room as he said he would be, asked you how you felt.

    "Slept well? Feeling better?"

   Yeah... yeah, you do feel better.

   You didn't want to impose any further on your friend's kindness but he insisted you at least eat something before you left. When you started to hesitate Albert turned to you and smiled.

   "It's what friends are for, are they not?"

   It could have been the way it was said, or perhaps the circumstances of last night, but your heart skipped a beat and you felt the blood rush to your head. Fumbling with your shirt, you looked down at the ground.

   "Y-Yeah... yeah, of course!"

   Albert loved the way you beamed at him. Colour dusted your cheeks a light pink as you shifted from foot to foot. Not uncomfortable, no. You felt safe enough to let your true emotions shine clear and bright. How could he resist smiling back? He couldn't- He wouldn't deny you the truth of his own emotions, even if he had to keep the intention behind them a secret.

    For now.

   Something was... off. Albert didn't want to take you back to work. He didn't want you to be anywhere near Umbrella. Especially Spencer. For once, he had no proof, not even any inklings, of wrongdoing happening to you, but he couldn't stop the pit in his stomach from growing larger and larger. The unease he felt grew more still when talks of a new "trial" began to rise around the company.

   A trial for a new bioweapon. It wouldn't be the first or last time it would happen. An accident there, some terrible misfortune here, a kidnapping or two somewhere else. Albert didn't really think much of it. Umbrella is as crooked and twisted as they come, it's no wonder their hands are positively filthy.

   It's for this exact reason why he hates you working in that cesspit.

   Umbrella is dangerous and you have no idea what kind of place you willingly work at every single day. You don't even know who the man you've married is. It's enough to make his blood boil. Albert's anger isn't directed at you. Oh, no, he could never be angry with you... No, Albert hates that you are here, at Umbrella, in an unwanted and loveless marriage to a man that has no care for you at all.

    You deserve better...

   Friendship slowly became warmer. Steadily, you found yourself drawn closer and closer to your friend. You swore that night, when you stayed in his home, would be a one time occurrence and something you wouldn't make a habit of. It happened again but you were so tired! Then again but you were actually sick! And again and again, until it was happening the majority of your week. Albert promised you he didn't mind and you believed him.

   It did feel wrong that you had several changes of clothes over at his home. You felt guilty for having your own showering supplies that you've left in his bathroom. Ashamed, even. You were trespassing into his life unfairly. You were burdening him with your problems when he surely had enough to worry about. You felt... You don't know what you feel anymore. It's only platonic love, of course!