Lost Then Found (Michael Myers/Fem!Reader)

"You were his Bunny, and he was your Mikey. He might have lost you once, but now that he's found you, he won't lose you again..."

-----

Your closest childhood friend was largely unremarkable. Quiet, but not exactly shy, he always tailed closely behind you, practically glued to your hip. You couldn't help but to drag him around by his hand, blabbering about this and that, though he never really seemed to mind too much. Being one of the very, if only, few children that frequently played with him throughout his youth, it would be an understatement to say that he was rather attached to you, just as you were to him. You even made him promise- pinky promise- that when you two got older, you would marry one another, no exceptions. He was your Mikey, and you were his Bunny, even if you never really knew that. There was no future that you could possibly imagine where you were without your best friend. Until that fateful Halloween night...

   It all happened so fast- one night, the two of you were having fun, trick-or-treating and running around unsupervised, and then the next... You were told that you wouldn't be able to see your friend anymore. Full stop. None of it made any sense to your seven year old brain. Michael... did something bad..? What was it? Why would he just... go away, just like that and not say goodbye..?! It was devastating, and you didn't even get to learn the real reason why Michael vanished out of Haddonfield until you were in high school.

    ...He killed Judith?! No, no fucking way-! It wasn't possible. Why would seven year old Michael kill his big sister..? He adored her, from what you could remember, and not only that, but why would they even assume that he was responsible for such a horrific crime from the beginning? It just didn't make any sense... A part of you grew obsessed with getting to the bottom of what really happened that night. No one wanted to remember what happened, and it was treated as a completely open and shut case. It drove you mad.

   What seemed to be a terrible injustice to you is precisely what spurred your dive into the healthcare profession. It shocked everyone, but your parents hardly complained with their baby girl fitting into such a well paying industry. You largely kept your little obsession of Michael Myers to yourself, lest your family or friends try to talk you out of your career choice. You needed to know the truth, and there was only one way that you would figure it out. It was a lot of work, a lot of blood, sweat and tears, but you finally did it. You were a licensed nurse, with a specialization in psychology.

   Smith's Grove Sanitarium always felt... understaffed, almost unprofessional, though you couldn't quite put your finger on it. You kept your ulterior motive to yourself, and just focused on working normally for a while. Much to your surprise, not only on your first day, but the first hour there, you were warned about a specific patient. One known to be extraordinarily violent and that must have constant and vigilant supervision at all times. Michael Myers... It was surreal hearing someone talking about Michael like that. This person that they were speaking of... he sounded nothing like the meek boy that you grew up with. You didn't believe it- how could you believe it?! They were talking about him as though he was some unfeeling monster and not a living, breathing human being.

   Somehow, you were immediately thrown into the spotlight. You had heard about Michael's doctor- Loomis- briefly in your time while getting your degree and residency. And... you weren't very impressed. He seemed like one of those quacks that uneducated people warned their friends about, dissuading them from seeking legitimate, professional psychiatric help. Unbelievably, he already knew about you. Dr. Loomis already knew that you were Michael's closest, if not only, childhood friend. Glossing over that this was incredibly creepy and unnerving, he tried to approach you with a specific goal in mind, all but cornering you in one of the many tiny break rooms of the Sanitarium.