Blood Bonds and Other Bonds (Dbd: The Twins & Fem!Reader)

It's a bad situation, but it could be worse. You could be alone...

-----

  Went down the street. Took the usual turn and-

   No no. No, it's not right.

    Back up and do it again.

   The outcome will not be changed, no matter how impossible your situation may be. Trees. Trees where there shouldn't be trees. You survey the area around you.

   ...no. This isn't- You've fainted. Fallen and received a concussion. Perhaps you've had a sudden outburst of psychosis? Or maybe you had an aneurysm and have died...

   You rub the back of your clammy neck. ...still feel alive. Good, or bad? You stared down at your feet. No trail... Good, or bad? You aren't in pain, but you feel... off. Good, or bad...?

   Something catches your ear. Maybe. You pause and hold your breath.

   ...

    Nothing. There are no insects buzzing, no frogs singing, no anything really. Just you and an eerie quiet. You couldn't be bothered to care. You resumed walking.

    What did you do differently? You took the same way home- the only way home. Walked down the street, took a turn and then trees. No, not trees. Not at first. What was it...?

   Fog.

    ...was it fog? You stopped again. The crunching stopped. Crunching? No, it's your own footfalls. It's too quiet. You press your palm into your forehead.

   It's not a headache. Not pain at all, really. You're... confused. Dazed. Disoriented. Probably in shock. Walked down the street and- and-

   The same thoughts replayed in your head over and over again. The how and when, more so than the why. Somehow you knew that you wouldn't be getting answers to the first two questions. But the last one? You stopped walking again.

    No, that's something else. It should scare you, but you're... numb. Shock. Yeah, you're in shock. Can't see anything. Only hear the sound when you begin to walk. You take two steps and a third is out of place. Shit. That's definitely real.

   You aren't compelled to run. You aren't tired, but you have no energy. You're just... nothing. No panic or fear or... anything, really. Just... neutral. Maybe a little less than that. Something is following you in an unfamiliar place that you couldn't possibly be in, and you couldn't be less bothered by it.

   Why couldn't this have happened more normally?

   Nothing has changed. It's as though you're in some sort of nightmare. Always moving, but never making any change in scenery or distance. You kick sticks as you go. Those out of place steps are more common. Like the owner couldn't be bothered anymore.

   Yeah, me either... You suddenly stop, turn on your heel and plop down onto the ground with a graceless THUD.

   You don't see anyone. At least, you don't see them at first. You weren't looking in the right place. You looked up and around, expecting... what? Maybe a big, scary monster. Or a big dude in a dumbass mask. Or... something. You don't even know what you were expecting, if you're completely honest. When yet another crunch of leaves and twigs catches your attention, you finally get the good sense to actually look down.