The Start of a Beautiful Relationship (Dbd: Jane Romero/Zarina Kassir)

Zarina wanted to try and learn more about the Plague. Jane tags along and is a nuisance. A budding romance takes form in the chilled rainfall of the Red Forest. Something truly beautiful is a foot here.

-----

Jane wasn't sure of what she thought of Zarina the first time she met her. Her time in the media taught her to be wary of reporters, though, as much as it pains her to admit it, Zarina wasn't unbearable to be around. She's smart, independent, has good instincts, good looking, and she's tough as nails, too. And she was all this before getting dragged head first into hell against her will. There was a bit of an understanding between the two of them, in a manner of speaking. They've both faced their fair share of hardships before all... this, and they've both come out stronger because of it. Stronger, but not jaded. In their own ways, Jane and Zarina have made sure to use their experiences to help others, to help those weaker than themselves and to give them a voice when no one else would listen. So, as much as Jane deeply respects the woman, right now she's genuinely wondering if she's got a few screws loose.

   "This is such a bad idea."

   "Hey, I told you not to come-"

   "Yeah, yeah don't start."

   It really was a horrible idea. Zarina wanted to go snooping around to try and learn more about the killers the Entity had abducted. Yes, Jane technically didn't have to tag along with her, but, at the same time, how could she not? Especially given that it was the Plague that had Zarina's attention as of late. There was no way in hell that Jane would miss out on seeing that snarky journalist get projectile vomited on from across the realm. And she didn't want Zarina to get hurt for real without anyone around to help her, but she'd keep that one to herself. For now.

   "Why are you so interested in that old priestess, anyways? It's not like you'd get anything out of her, you know? With her being all ancient and, uhh..?"

   "Babylonian?"

   "Mmm... suuuure..? Yeah, we'll go with that."

   "Ugh..."

   Zarina slicks back her soaking wet hair out of her face. The rain never stops in the Red Forest, and it always chills to the bone, too. Jane brought her blazer tighter around herself, shaking the water from her eyes.

   "S-Shit... It's so damn cold. How does the Huntress and the Plague stand to run a round in this with no jacket and no freaking shoes?"

   Zarina rolls her eyes, struggling to keep her teeth from chattering. "Dunno... But if all you're gonna do is complain, you might as well-"

   "Uggghh... C'mon, Zarina! I'm just trying to make conversation here!"

   Sighing heavily, Zarina continues through the forest, opting to ignore the other woman's constant gripes and complaints. It wasn't like she was complaining about nothing, but Zarina was completely focused on her current mission, and always struggled to not become snappy or irritable when trying to accomplish something specific. She didn't dislike Jane's company, rather the opposite. In fact, she's grown rather fond of the woman, ever since Jane crammed the two of them into a locker and knocked the Deathslinger flat on his ass, she can't deny that she felt... something for her, what the something was-

   "Hey, Zarina?" She couldn't help but to outwardly groan.

   "What..?"

   "The Plague's from Babylon, right?"

   Zarina slows enough so that she's now walking side by side with Jane. "Yeah... Why do you ask?"

   "Uhhhh, I could be wrong, but... if she's Babylonian, why is her temple in the Red Forest? Isn't this Russian?" Zarina pauses, furrowing her brows. Jane stops as well, quirking a brow at her. Huh...