His Lost Angel (Dbd: Tarhos Kovàcs/Fem!Reader) Part 2

You already have a pretty good idea of what to expect. You just hope you don't die of embarrassment before the night is over...

------

The shame of abandonment still burns in your cheeks. You don't need assistance with something as simple as dressing yourself. You don't need assistance with anything, really. But having every single one of your maids, some of which were your closest confidants and even friends leave your service as you were wed to a 'mere commoner' certainly made your body burn with shame and anger.

    You weren't ashamed of who you have married. A strong knight, one once in your father's service, one who you have seen grow and continually strive for greater and greater heights until he won his own freedom from the lords he served. It was... humbling. You may not know this knight too well, but you were truly relieved that it was he you were wed too and not some lord's son that would only have you so you may produce a son and nothing more.

    Your fingers trembled as they struggled to reach the string of your dress. It was in an impossible position. The more you struggle the more you fail to grasp hold of it. It was partially due to anger, partially due to nerves. You were taking off your ceremonial wedding attire and you were changing into something more... airy. Something easier to both put on and to remove. Again, you find yourself squirming and a little sheepish. God, you're just like a young girl pining for a strong, handsome knight-

    Well... you are.

The realization was too much to bear. You were partially undressed and you could hardly stand upright. It wasn't like you didn't know what was about to happen, about what would happen tonight. Your legs were weak, your stomach was alight with butterflies- This is really happening... This is really happening! You pressed the back of your hands against your face. Warm against cool... Your heart was slamming so hard in your throat that you could only hear the blood pounding in your ears, not the creak of the door being cracked open.

It was an honest accident. Tarhos was ill accustomed to living around anyone other than his fellow knights. He never had any privacy in his life and that was extended to anyone that shared quarters with him. It's not that he forgot about you- how could he?!- but he was, well... Tarhos's mind was elsewhere, but the moment he opened that door he was well aware that he had just violated the sanctity of your privacy, which was simply unacceptable!

Tarhos still didn't close the door immediately. How could he when you stood before him in a state of undress?! You weren't completely bare before him unfortunately thankfully, though he could see just how smooth and unmarred your skin was... He just- He wished to slide behind you, take you into his arms and to hold you close... Close enough so he could lean down and place a kiss to your shoulder-

He could hear you squeak in surprise as he closed the door. Would you forgive such a trespass...? Tarhos was genuinely, for the first time in his life, concerned about what another person would think of his actions. No one ever mattered before. No one but you. And now that you are his... he was terrified of how you perceived him.

What if he was only a monster in your eyes? A peasant- no, a slave- and nothing more? It was true he didn't have the decorum of a lord. He didn't have fine things, he didn't have the manners of one, and he never would in this life or the next, this he was certain. Would you come to despise him despite his best efforts? Tarhos would never be a lord but that doesn't mean he wouldn't treat you like a lady- no, a princess- a queen! He hopes to show you how well he can treat you despite his poor quality...