My Enemy, My Friend.

Third person pov~
After Your victory against Gary blade breakers were 1 point ahead.
Now it was Ray's turn and he was going up against Mariah!
You know this battle would be little tough for Ray. Since he was up against his childhood friend and probably crush.
"Good luck Ray! You'll do great out there." Tyson said.
While you and other two (Max and Kenny) agreed.
Ray smiled and walk toward the dish.
Mariah was also up there and boy.
The whole crowd was going crazy for her.
Crowd of boys (obviously) was shouting and cheering for her.
"Wow would you look at that." You muttered.
Although it was known to you Mariah is popular but seeing crowd going crazy for her just hit different.
"Man she got  the whole stadium cheering for her!" Max said in awe.
"Well she got some looks which are sweeping boys off feet." Dizzy said truthfully and you agreed with her.
"Not at all Dizzy She's also popular because of her skills. She's a great bladers and i'm sure we all saw this." Kenny defended.
"Aww look guys chief is trying to stand up for her. Look buddy your making it way more oblivious that you got a thing for her." Tyson teased.
And Max joins him too.
"Leave poor kenny alone you guys beside.I'm pretty sure Ray won't be fond of this idea." You cheekily said. But they ignored it and keep pestering Kenny. You sighed and smiled at their antics.
"If you know this than how come you are letting Ray go up against her." Kai asked. He wasn't pleased by the idea of making Ray face Mariah up there.
"Huh?" You rose your eyebrows acting clueless.
"Don't try to act innocent." He said.
"Well Kenny did ask for your opinion didn't he? But certain someone thought otherwise and left us all hanging." You teased.
Kai glared at you but you just brush him off.
"Geez okay okay. You don't have to be mad." You tried to make him calm.
"What? Hey what are you talking about kai. I don't see any problem with Ray being up there." Tyson asked.
"What do you think. Ray is not the best choice against Mariah. He obliviously got a thing for her from hos past. Do you seriously think Ray can concentrate on battle? One look in her eyes and Ray will forget whose side he's on." Kai said glaring at Ray.
"Hahaha. Young love make you do unexpected thing sometimes!" Mr.d laughed from behind.
"But you should believe in him. Teammates stand for each other in their hard times." He continued
"Yeah and beside I'm pretty sure he would do his best no matter what would be outcome. Afterall if Ray win you won't get a chance Tyson" you said and mumbled the last line to Tyson.
"What! Oh no that doesn't sound good but.."
You chuckled and look towards the match which was about to happened.

'I don't know what would happened Ray. You won this battle but barely. Now I changed the scenario I am not sure. You will do great that's for sure but...if you win than you won't be able to fix your friendship with White tigers' you thought worriedly.

"All right!! The 2nd  match is going to start soon. So why don't we gave have look at the new stadium for this round."

"Check this out guys!! This is Forbidden City Dish

"Check this out guys!! This is Forbidden City Dish. So without any distraction let's get started!!"
"Players are you ready!!!"

"Three Two One .
LET IT RIIP~~" Aj shouted.
Both Ray and Mariah laugh their beys. As soon Ray's Drigger land in dish Galax start clashing with it.
"Go Galax!! Don't show any mercy!!" Mariah called out.
And as expected Galax pounced Drigger again and again.
Ray grit his teeth but try to look for an opening attack.
"Go galax!!" Mariah called out her bit beast and sensing the situation Ray called out too.
"Go Ray!! You got this on bag. Don't let her get to you buddy. And remember we got you!!" Tyson cheered.
"Aww it's cute to see your little group standing up for you but what would they do when you lose. Ray?" Maraih taunted.
Ray glared and Drigger attack Galax.
"Grr galax!! Look for an opening!"

"Go Drigger Tiger claw attack!!" Ray said and Drigger swiftly sped towards Galax.
But before he could harm galax Ray hesitated.
He look towards Mariah and he lost his concentration.
"Ah!!" Your teammates gasp while kai squint his eyes. And glared at Ray.
"I know this would happened!" He said.
Other start protesting but what he said was true. Ray's leting his feelings get to him.
'He missed.." Mariah looked down
"Go galax scratch attack!!"
She angrily said and her bit beast mercilessly attack Ray throwing it off balance.
It was oblivious she won this round and cheered could be heard around the stadium.
Ray looked down. He knew what happened and he can't helo but feel guilty.
Mariah wasn't happy she wanted to win to prove every one she's strong and Ray's appearance doesn't bother her neither the fact they held a bond something which she have dump deep down. She wanted to screen at Ray to tell him what's she's feeling. But.....somehow she can't she felt disappointed, hurt but somehow happy that Ray's holding back on her for what they share.
A part of her feel content like Ray....he still have the same feeling as her. He misses her like she does.
But that doesn't give him any right to think of her as a fragile being.
She's strong and can handle this situations well. Than why can't Ray man up and stop acting like a coward.
"What is this supposed to mean Ray!! Do you think I want to win like this. You are holding back. Why?!" She asked. Anger was evident but Ray just kept silent. His eyes said a lot but she wanted to hear from him.
"Ray....you-" you mumbled while planing to merch towards him and knock some sense into him.
Sure it's hard for him. His past with Mariah is effecting him. He doesn't want to go easy on her to make her his weakness but he just feel guilty.
Guilty for making her feel forgotten. For ignoring her, not telling her truth and abandoning her.
You felt someone stop you for moving forward.
"Huh...you?" You said looking towards kai who tug on your wrist. You shoot him questioning gaze
Without giving you reply he *gently* just pull you backwards and merch himself towards Ray.
"Ray. Listen." Kai said.
Other looked at him. His voice and posture held authority. He speek something to Ray which you ignored.
' he held my hand....' you thought.
'.........he...'
'OMG!! He held my hand well more like wrist. But he he' you felt yourself blushing madly.
'I thought I was past this faze but why do I feel like this. It wasn't because how gentle he was being. Right. Or maybe because his eyes who were gazing at me with such intensity that-" you daydream get cut of by others confused voices.

"Did I saw that correct. Someone pinch me!" Tyson said.
"No we all saw that. Kai was consoling Ray!!" max happily cheered. You secretly look towards kai who was facing towards the crowd. Ignoring you all.
"Aww I never new you were such a softie kai. I thought you didn't care." dizzy teased.
"He was worried for Ray's defeat dizzy nothing more." Kenny mumbled out loud.

"Aww but he does care. He was just liking out for us. Right kai~" max said.
"Shut it." Kai glared and chose to not face his teammates.

You shift your look towards Ray who was looking reassured. He and Maraih were saying things to each other which you ignored since your attention was somewhere else.

Since the beginning a pair of  eyes are watching you curiously. Even though it was distinct but you felt it your eyes wonder around the crowd until you felt yourself freez up.

You don't know why? But you felt a strong emotion which was overwhelming but it was buried deep inside that. You didn't acknowledge it.

.....This is the first step of ignorance.
Ignorance of the unknown

mystery....

Hopefully you're smart enough to realise it soon.

Because life doesn't gave other chance easily especially not when you have tangled yourself in something.....

Which you shouldn't...