Makio smiles, "I like you, kid. You're gonna go places," she winks.

You laugh confidently, "you bet."

You've never felt like you'll accomplish anything in your normal life, but the demon slayers and demons gave you hope somehow. You could almost cry at their encouragements.

You continue to help in moving the people out safely. "The buildings!" Suma yelled, making all of your heads turn to the brothels.

They were suddenly cut down.

"Shit!" you exclaimed, putting all the people you carried into Kyojuro's arms as you sped inside the buildings and saved at most 12 people, leaving 5 to die as they got crushed by the debris.

"No!" you went back and recovered the other 5 whom you failed to save. You attempted CPR on the people they seemed to still be on good shape, you ended up reviving 2 as the other 3 died of crushed internal organs.

You failed to save lives again.

Kyojuro pats your back, "you did what you could..." he says, pulling you in a hug. You lean into him as he comforted you over the lives you couldn't bring back.

You cried.

Only God knows how many times you've seen people loose their lives in front of you.

Kyojuro nursed you back to your senses in such little time, helping you evacuate more people outside.

You went and searched for Tengen and the trio to see that Gyutaro and Tengen were sparring in such speed. You had another taste play along your taste buds and saw another woman at the roof with a case of kunai knives with her.

"That must be Hinatsuru," you whispered to yourself, jumping up a roof for a clear view as she sent the knives flying to Gyutaro. He created a shield out of his slashes which stopped most of the kunai knives.

You saw one hit him and Tengen as well, but he didn't seem to mind it. Gyutaro's feet that were cut off didn't regenerate immediately. After all, the tastes of the knives were similar to Wisteria Flowers.

Tengen and Tanjiro got ready to cut his neck off.

After the poison wore off, he got back into shape and readied a counterattack for Tengen. He had his arms out, "Blood Demon Arts: Flying Circular Slashes!"

You look at the distance to see Inosuke and Zenitsu fighting Daki.

You noticed a horde of obi flying to Tengen's direction. Before you could move, Hinatsuru warned Tengen just before he got slashed, he deflected the attacks.

Tengen looked at his wife, "Hinatsu-"

She threw knives at the obi, "don't mind me, Tengen-sama! I'll distract the obi! You go ahead and find the demo-"

Gyutaro covered her mouth as he appeared beside her, she had a look of horror on her face. "How dare you...

And I do mind you, you know..." he sneered at her face.

"Hinatsuru!" you and Tengen yelled. He began to panic as he started getting surrounded by the obi, "shit! The obi are blocking me!" he exclaimed, starting to slash his way out in feeble attempt.

He looked at his wife still in Gyutaro's hold as his sight was beginning to darken as the obi was closing in on him.

"Hinatsuru..." he says worriedly.

You went ahead and jumped on Gyutaro's back, putting him in a chokehold you learned as a spy. He glared at you, "oh, it's just you..." he whispered, you giggle.

"Prepare to die!"

You cracked his neck in half and started to run away to Daki's direction, Gyutaro's head in hand. "You do know that ain't gonna do shit, right?" he tells you, you smile. "I know," you reply.

Tengen pushed all the obi aside and cried out, "stop it!"

Tanjiro got up from the ground and looked at Gyutaro's headless body still holding on to Hinatsuru, he turned pale. "Where's his head?!" he asked himself.

He sniffed the air and smiled in relief, 'Y/n-san has it...'

He ran to Hinatsuru's aid, jumping on the roof by mixing the Kagura and the Water Breath, catching Gyutaro off guard.

"Damn, his technique's fast..." you heard him say, you look at him. "Who now?"

"That kid with the box. He shouldn't be able to move this fast anymore, I was sure I weakened him enough," he says. Gyutaro the scowls, "he even cut my hand off..."

Daki knocked off her brother's head from your arms as she put it back where it belonged, you look at Zenitsu and Inosuke who were fighting her and you jumped to their aid and started deflecting her attacks, "hey, demon," you smirked.

She smirked back, "hello, demon."

You cringed, "ew, man! Third eye? Disgusting!" you said, deflecting her attacks with your sword.

At every move of Daki's obi, you suddenly remembered what this beautiful piece of clothing had done under her control. She took lives, thousands of them, and she didn't seem to give a care at all.

You scoff to yourself, 'you can cry about it later, Sunrise. For now...

... focus on what's ahead of you...'

Word Count: 1398