🕯️Fancy Reunion❤️ (🖤Drake💛)

Requested by: Xcrossed724
💮Drake Fluff💮
_______________________________
{Drew's POV} {Years After The Competition}
I was sitting down at this weirdly fancy restaurant with my parents. I was just eating my food while they were asking questions about my job as the boss of my father's company. I was getting annoyed at the questions, but I also was happy that they were actually proud of me. I was actually enjoying the meal that I had gotten, but mom and dad were complaining about theirs. They started to talk with each other, I was just gazing at the door because I got bored, but someone I recognized the next man that walked in. "JAKE?!" You see, after that argument in the hallway on the competition day, me and Jake haven't talked and we were even dating before it as well.

"I'm going outside for some fresh air." I told my parents while getting up.

They looked at me with confusion and concern. "Alright?"

I walked out of the restaurant as fast as I could and sat down at one of the benches outside of it. I heard someone's footsteps close to me, but I wasn't expecting one of the most popular voices of all time right now.

"Drew?"

_____________________________
{Jake's POV}
I was at this weird fancy restaurant by myself, but that's because I was asked to go there and I had no one to go with. I was waiting for a table, but then I saw someone that I hadn't spoken to in years walking past me. "Wait,... Drew?!" I walked out to see if my eyes were still working correctly and I was surprised to see that they were doing so.

"Drew?" I was expecting that he'd jump from me saying his name.

He was shifting a lot. "Oh uh, hey Jake."

I sat down next to him, but he didn't have to move over. "How have you been after all of these years?" I was trying to sound normal, but it was kinda hard since I was still in love with him after all of these years.

"I'm alright," he was surprisingly able to look at me in the eyes. "I'm the new boss at my father's business."

"I thought he hated that business." I was shifting around now. "I thought you hated that job?"

He was now smiling. "I used to, but now I'm alright with it."

"Oh, alright." I was a bit surprised because usually Drew doesn't change his mind about things. "I guess we haven't talked so long that I don't know what changed about him."

He looked me up and down a bit, which caused me to slightly panic. "I don't have to ask what you're doing for a living." I knew that.

"Oh yeah?" I was just trying to make it more fun for us both.

He knew what I was doing. "Yeah, I do mr. lead singer of a band." He was smiling like he used to now.

I slightly chuckled. "You haven't changed a bit, Drew."

"Neither have you Sterling." He was now visibly less worried.

I looked in through the window and saw his parents. "You're here with your parents?" I figured he was probably here with his partner, but apparently not.

He seemed confused about me asking. "Yeah,...why?"

"I thought you'd be here with girl or guy." He knew what I meant when I said that.

"Oh," he was now a little more worried now. "I'm still single."

"Me too." I said a little happy that he was still single, but I'm not trying to get my hopes up.

He looked me up and down again. "That's more surprising than me being single."

I lightly chuckled again. "Thanks." I knew he didn't mean that he thought I was attractive.

"Well, I'm not wrong am I?" He was smiling still.

I almost felt my heart beating through my chest. "I... uhm." I was now incredibly flustered.

"Shit, that came out wrong." He realized what he accidentally did. He practically studied my reactions and my behavior when we were together a couple years ago, and he knew he made me flustered.

"It's okay." I knew that he wasn't trying to make me flustered or anything. "I was genuinely curious about your parents being here."

It was incredibly awkward after that had happened. "Yeah, I am here with my parents for dinner."

"Well, at least you're here with someone." I knew it was awkward to say.

"Wait, you're here alone?" He was so confused. "Jake fucking Sterling's here alone?"

I looked at him dead in the eyes. "Yes, I'm fucking here alone asshole." I was saying in a joking tone so he'd know that I wasn't angry.

"Wow, that's even more surprising." He was so excited, but also confused about that.

I lightly laughed at that. "Fuck you."

He lightly punched me on the arm. "So, do you want my number so that we can talk?" He was getting his phone out of his pocket.

________________________________
{Drew's POV}
I knew that asking for his number made me sound interested in him, which I was, but I wasn't trying to get together with him again just yet. I wanted us to be friends again first so that it didn't seem uncomfortable for us both. I was genuinely happy to see and talk to him again after not seeing or hearing from him in years.

"Yeah of course!" He seemed really happy too.

We exchanged numbers and texted each other a little 'hi' so that we wouldn't have to worry about it not being the right numbers. "Well, I better get back to me and my parent's table before they start to worry about me."

We both got up. "I better get a table so that I can just sit by myself."

"Why are you here by yourself?" I was genuinely curious. "Why not be here with your mom and brother or the music club?"

He looked at me with a regular smile. "Mom's working, Milo's studying for a test so that he can graduate, and all of the music club members are either busy, or asleep." He started to walk inside with me.

"Oh well, I'll see you later." I said walking towards my parent's table.

He was walking towards the front desk. "Alright, see you." He said a little bit louder so that I could hear him.

I sat down at the table with my parents. "I'm back."

"Who were you talking to?" My mom said while pointing at the window. "You seemed happy to see him."

I put some more food in my mouth before continuing to talk to them. "It was Jake." I then drank some of the soda I had ordered.

"Oh." They were looking at each other with smirks on their faces.

I was confused. "What are you two thinking?"

They both looked at me. "Are you two a thing again?" They we're still smiling.

"Wha- no!" I felt my face eat up. "We only now started talking after not seeing or hearing from each other for years!"

"Okay okay." My mom said while putting her hands up a bit.

My dad looked at me. "Just let us know if you start to see someone."

I put my hand on my head annoyed. "Yes father." "I do want to get with Jake, but I'd rather not make it awkward for us both."

_______________________________
Word Count: 1,225
I hope you enjoyed it Xcrossed724