Bedridden - Chapter 14

Beginne am Anfang

Asuka - "W-Well I... N-NO! You're sitting still!"

Y/N grabs Asuka, flipping her over him and next to him on the bed as she yelps in surprise. With a flash of speed, he dashed out f bed and threw the duvet onto her, gently sitting back down on her legs to restrict her moving. Asuka laughs as he does, playfully swatting at him as he restrains her.

Asuka - "Haha! G-Get off me, y-you weirdo!"

Y/N - "Sorry, can't hear you through all your restlessness. Get settled, I'll make you some tea."

Asuka - "Sure thing, you dork."

Asuka giggled to herself as Y/N walked out of the room, snuggling into the covers as she breathed deeply. This was paradise.

Y/N caught himself smiling as he boiled some water, deciding to make a quick bite to eat for Asuka. As much as he relished in Asuka's care for him, he still cared for her too. When she had her mind set on something, it was hard to sway it another way. Often to her detriment. Honestly, Y/N had no idea how she managed without him before. Quite recklessly, according to Shinji and Misato. He finished making some quick rice dish and pouring two cups of tea, balancing them delicately across his arms as he walked back into his room. Asuka had fallen fast asleep. Y/N laughed lightly as he placed the food and drink down, gently sliding into bed next to her and relaxing. It was early morning but he still felt exhausted from all that nothing he'd been doing.

Misato - "Guys, I'm heading into-"

Misato poked her head around Y/N's door, stopping and smirking intensely as she spies the sight before her. Y/N holds a finger up to his lips as he quietly hops out of bed, closing his door behind him as he turned to look at Misato.

Y/N - "... yes?"

Misato - "When are you gonna fess up?"

Y/N - "Fess up?"

Misato - "Yeah, confess your love for-"

Y/N - "SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH! Shuddup, Misato. You have no idea what you're on about, you've gone senile."

Misato - "Haha, very funny. I can see right though you Y/N, you're head over heels for little miss confidence in there. And it seeeeeeeeems like she may have caught a case for you too, mister~"

Y/N - "Let's not get ahead of ourselves here..."

Misato placed her hands on her hips, smiling smugly at Y/N.

Y/N - "I... don't know if she likes me back..."

Misato punches the air excitedly, smiling and holding back feverish giggles. Y/N covers his own laughs, placing his hands on her shoulders to restrain her.

Y/N - "J-Just don't get any ideas, okay? I've got this."

Misato - "Oooooo, confident~ She likes that, y'know, she told me-"

Y/N - "Alright, off to work you go. And not a word to another soul!"

Misato - "She likes to dance all romantically! Oh, and she likes when you have your hair down all mysterious like- OH, and she's a BIG FAN of your laugh, especially when you get all giggly and-"

Y/N pushes Misato out of the door, shutting it behind her and sighing deeply. Misato was a very caring woman. Especially in business that wasn't hers.

Y/N - "Tsk, what a gossip-"

Misato - "I can hear you, y'know! Grab me my jacket!"

Y/N grabbed her jacket off a nearby chair and flung it out the door, hearing Misato giggle and skip away gleefully.