The Next Life - Chapter 1

Y/N had never been to Japan. He heard about it, especially about NERV and the Eva's. Truth be told, he thought that the Eva's were pretty cool as a child. Now looking back on it... he felt sick to his stomach knowing he was even associated with the things, let alone working with them. He couldn't really complain though - a job, social interaction and pretty sunrises are miles better than being stuck somewhere random and cold in Europe with nothing to do but train for years. 

The train Y/N was on stopped slowly as he stood up, recognising once again he was the only one in there. Well, guess some things never change, huh? The train had taken him more or less directly to NERV HQ.

 Well, guess some things never change, huh? The train had taken him more or less directly to NERV HQ

An impressive building, definitely. Y/N walked up to the door, greeted by a pair of guards walking up to him.

Guard 1 - "Name?"

Y/N - "Mhm, the name's Mike Hunt."

The guards turn to look at each other as Y/N keeps his blank face on. They look back in unison, a shred of annoyance clearly creeping over their brows.

Guard 2 - "And your, ahem... real name?"

Y/N - "Ah right, of course: Hatsune Miku-"

Guard 1 - "Listen kid, you're on private property. If you don't tell us who you are, you're gonna have to beat it back home."

Y/N - "Jokes on you, don't have a home right now. I'm firmly planted until you let me in."

Y/N beams brightly, sticking his hands in his pockets and gently rocking himself back and forth. Both the guards sigh as one reaches for a small walkie talkie. Y/N looks past them through the glass entrance, seeing two people walking quite quickly towards him. He smiles at them, placing his hands behind his back as they barge through the doors.

 He smiles at them, placing his hands behind his back as they barge through the doors

On the left was a middle-aged man with short brown hair and facial hair. The sun glints in his glasses, obscuring his eyes as he talks at the woman next to him. He wears a commanders uniform and some white gloves, which he appears to be nervously adjusting as he walks. Huh, he walked in almost a straight line. Almost. He teetered a bit on his sixth step- ah... you're doing it again. Next to him was a woman.