Forgiveness

Swiss's POV:

I closed the door behind me and walked back to the cafeteria with much better spirits. Coincidentally, I saw Rain approaching.

"Rain!" He turned to me. "Yes?"

"Are you planning to apologize to Sodo too? He didn't deserve to be accused by you like that! You have no idea how much you hurt him!" I asked, anger in my voice as I stepped closer to him.

"Swiss... I'm really sorry. I don't know why I said that to him. I'm so, so sorry!" I noticed him hanging his head and realized that maybe I had let my anger get the best of me. I placed my hand on his shoulder, making him look up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you like that. But please, apologize to him. I think he needs that right now."

"I will."

"Good, see you later." He nodded and gave me a small smile, and I returned the gesture.

Then I finally went to get breakfast...

"Ahh! Good morning, Swiss. Have you seen Sodo by any chance? He wasn't in his room this morning." Cirrus greeted me with her cheerful voice.

"Uh, yes. He... he slept at my place."

"Mhm. So, he slept at your place," she smiled knowingly. I rolled my eyes in response. "It's not what you think. He just wasn't feeling well."

"It's all right, Swiss. You two would still be cute together." I waved her off and picked up the tray to head back to the room.

Sodo's POV:

While Swiss was getting breakfast, I cleared the table a bit when I heard a knock at the door. I recognized Rain when I opened it. I immediately felt uneasy. I tried to close the door, but Rain squeezed his foot into the gap.

"Sodo... please let me come in." he pleaded.

I had to take a deep breath before finally letting him in. I sat down on the couch and stared at the floor. I couldn't look at him. After a few minutes of silence, he spoke.

"Sodo... I want to apologize to you. I really don't know why I accused you like that. I'm so, so sorry! I... I didn't mean to hurt you..." I heard a sniffle between his words and looked at him. His eyes were suspiciously shiny.

I felt conflicted. On one hand, his hurtful words still echoed in my head, but on the other hand, I just wanted to forget about it and hug him. Before I could finish that thought, I was already standing in front of Rain, offering him a half-smile.

Then, I pulled him into a short but meaningful hug, and I could feel how good it was for both of us.

"I need some time to process all of this, but I promise I'll forgive you, and we can be friends again." I whispered in his ear, to which he responded with a tighter squeeze and then let go. We said our goodbyes, and he left the room just as Swiss walked in.

Swiss's POV:

I walked in just as Rain was leaving the room. You could tell he had been crying, but there was also a glimmer of hope in his eyes. It seemed like things hadn't gone too badly.

As I closed the door behind me, I stood still and noticed how Sodo was studying me. His shining eyes found mine, and I felt a warm sensation spread through me. Just his gaze alone was enough to make my heart beat faster. I briefly wondered if it would be a good idea to simply kiss him. But I pushed that thought aside for now.

Instead, I approached him and placed the tray behind him on the table. Then, I stood in front of him, taking both of his hands in mine. He still gazed into my eyes, making me nervous.

"Is everything okay?" I asked calmly. He nodded and smiled, a bit nervously. Maybe it wasn't such a silly idea to kiss him after all. My heart started pounding even faster, and I leaned down toward him.

At first, our lips barely touched, then we kissed. Suddenly, Sodo interrupted the kiss, causing me to doubt myself.

"Sodo... I..."

"It's okay." he whispered against my lips and kissed me again. A tingling sensation surged through my body. I was relieved that he didn't reject me, suggesting that he enjoyed it too. Sodo ran his fingers through my curly hair, which prompted me to pull him closer. When our lips parted again, and we both caught our breath, I leaned my forehead against his and smiled, just as he did.

"That was nice, Sodo." I whispered, still a bit out of breath.

"I thought so too."

I intertwined our fingers, and as he allowed it to happen without hesitation, it reinforced my belief that my feelings for him were more than just friendship.

"Dew?"

"Yes?"

"I... I think I love you. A lot."