Cold October

Swiss pov:

I was still lying in bed with Sodo in my arms, under the cozy, warm blanket, when I heard a knock at the door. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and got up. Why did someone have to disturb us so early in the morning?

As I opened the door, I saw Mountain standing in the doorway with a wide grin.

"Want to come out in about an hour? We're going to play some football," he said.

"Good morning to you too... It's way too cold outside, Mountain."

"Well, just dress warmly then," he suggested with an even wider grin.

"I'm in!" I heard Sodo call out from the bedroom.

"Great, see you later!" Mountain said, and he was gone almost before he had finished his sentence. I closed the door again and returned to Sodo in bed.

For about half an hour, we lay there, cuddling until we decided to get ready and have some breakfast before heading outside.

When we arrived outside, the others were already playing. It was really cold, but it was already October.

I noticed Sodo pulling his jacket tighter around him, so I wrapped my arms around him from behind to tease him.

"Feeling a bit too cold for the little Sodo?" I teased.

"No, no, I'm fine," he replied quickly, making me grin. Of course, he's cold.

"Mhm, sure," I laughed as he slipped out of my arms and joined the game, which I joined shortly after.

Gradually, I noticed my feet getting colder despite all the movement. They were so cold that I decided to ask Sodo if he wanted to come inside as well. He declined, so I headed inside, running almost the whole way. I entered my room, and then I took a nice warm shower.

Sodo pov:

As Swiss went inside, I continued playing with the others for a good half hour until I felt cold again, and my head started to hurt. So, I decided to head inside as well. When I joined Swiss, he was sitting on the couch, looking at his phone, as if he had just taken a shower. I sat down next to him, resting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes tiredly.

"Did you have fun?" Swiss asked.

"Yeah, it was nice. I just got a bit too cold," I replied.

"Then warm up," Swiss said, giving me a kiss on the cheek. Afterward, I noticed that I was drifting off to sleep and finally fell asleep.

...

When I woke up, I was a bit confused. I was in bed? Did Swiss actually carry me here? It was kind of sweet. I tried to call out to Swiss, but my throat was so dry that I had no voice.

So, I sat up to get some water, and suddenly, the headache returned. It was so intense that I felt like my head was about to explode. For a few moments, everything went black, and I had to sit still, clutching my head because it hurt so much.

After a few minutes, I started feeling better. I took a painkiller and drank some water. It helped after a short while, but I still had a headache.

Swiss came back into the room and saw me. He looked worried, and I shook my head to let him know I was okay. He took me into his arms, and I weakly returned the gesture.

We went to the rehearsal room together, and on the way there, I suddenly felt a scratchy feeling in my throat, causing me to cough.

Swiss looked at me again, this time with concern, but he didn't say anything.

After the second song, I suddenly felt much worse. I excused myself to the others and went back to the room. I collapsed on the bed, feeling exhausted.

I kicked off my shoes but felt too drained to do anything else. My heart rate shot up, and I felt a sharp pain in my lungs, making it hard to breathe. I tried to sleep, hoping I'd feel better later.

At some point, I woke up again, feeling something warm on my forehead. It was Swiss's hand.

"Dew...you're burning up," he said.

I could only open my eyes slightly and croak, asking if he could take me to the doctor, to which he immediately agreed.

As I got up, I felt so unsteady that Swiss had to carry me.

The doctor diagnosed me with pneumonia. "Take this antibiotic for a week, and you should start feeling better soon. If not, go to the hospital immediately. I wish you a speedy recovery!"

With those words, the doctor sent me off, and we headed back home. The bed would be my best friend for the next few days. Swiss covered me with a blanket, gave me a kiss on the forehead, and I fell asleep again.