Can't you hear me say your name

Swiss pov:

Thoughts and emotions swirled in my head as we made our way to the hospital. I was looking forward to seeing Sodo again, yet I was incredibly nervous and unsure.

When we arrived at the hospital parking lot, my nerves intensified. We entered the hospital room where he lay. Seeing him lying there, connected to all those life support machines, crushed what little hope I had left.

I stared at him with an empty expression, feeling everything inside me constrict, and the first tears welled up in my eyes.

Slowly, I approached his hospital bed, gently touching his cheek, which felt so cold...

"Swiss..." I barely registered Cirrus trying to speak to me. I ran my fingers through his hair, hoping that they were all just playing a cruel joke on me, and he was merely asleep. But he didn't stir.

More tears streamed down my face, and I bent down slowly toward him and kissed his forehead. Then I paused for a moment.

"Sodo..." I whispered softly with a raspy voice, but he still didn't react.

I reached for his hand, and that's when it all came crashing down. His hand was ice-cold, and I broke down beside his bed. I sat huddled on the floor, my face buried in my hands.

It took several minutes before I even noticed Cirrus sitting next to me, repeatedly saying my name. She had her arm around my shoulders.

I slowly lifted my head, wiping away the tears as best as I could with the back of my hand before leaning against her shoulder.

"Swiss... I know it's hard for you to see him like this, but he needs you now. You know he's strong; he'll pull through," she comforted me. Her hand gently stroked my arm as we sat there for a few minutes.

Then a nurse entered the room.

"Oh... I see you've just found out," she said with a gentle smile. "I understand you're worried and scared, but we're doing our best to help him. He's actually improving; we'll be able to reduce the medications inducing the coma in the next few days."

"Stay strong and be there for him. Can I offer you a glass of water?" the nurse asked cautiously. I just nodded and managed to mumble a quiet "thank you." She kindly brought a bottle of water and two glasses.

After having some water and calming down a bit, I sat down next to Sodo's bed. I gently placed my hand in his and ran my thumb over the back of his hand.

He looked incredibly fragile at the moment.

I had to hold back tears once more, taking a deep breath to try and keep my emotions in check. For several minutes, I just sat there, staring at his hand. Cirrus placed her hand on my shoulder and excused herself to step out for a moment.

I tried to sit up straighter to look at Sodo's face. It broke my heart to see him hooked up to all those tubes and wires. I forced myself to look at his hand again.

It felt strange because he probably couldn't hear me, but I tried to talk to him, telling him how much I loved him, needed him, and missed him. I assured him that I was here by his side and would be there when he woke up. Eventually, tears rolled down my face again, my voice growing softer, and I became increasingly tired. I fell asleep in that uncomfortable chair.

Cirrus pov:

As I returned to the room to accompany Swiss back home, I found Swiss sleeping on the chair next to Sodo's bed.

His upper body was in an uncomfortable position, resting on Sodo, while he held Sodo's hand. I felt tears welling up in my eyes but wiped them away and decided not to wake Swiss up.

I think he needs this right now. Carefully, I covered him with a blanket as best I could and left him a note on a small piece of paper, telling him not to look for me in the morning.

Then I left the hospital and drove back to the others.

3rd person pov:

Swiss remained with Sodo for about a week. He barely ate or drank, and the lack of sleep was beginning to show. Occasionally, Cirrus or Mountain would visit, bringing him food and drinks that he barely touched. They tried to convince him to take a shower and spend a night in his own bed, but he remained stubborn and refused to leave Sodo's side.

After another three days, Swiss finally decided it would be wise to spend a night in a real bed. However, he quickly returned to the hospital when he noticed something amiss.