A new fruit

Ty Lee used the rest of the time in Republic City to train Ozai energy perception. Tai Lee was smiling happily, thinking that maybe he would be another person like her that is able to perceive the colours of the energy.

Ozai was sat in the middle of the room in a lotus position with his eyes close. Ty Lee was standing in front of him, "so you said that you could perceive her until she got close to you and talked to you?"

Ozai nodded, and the old woman started to think about the information. "It seems that you already know how to expand the energy. Maybe not that far, but it won't be helpful in a fight unless you are faster than the other person. No difference from just seeing them."

"I know. Why don't you try to perceive the people of this building? At least the people on the same floor", suggested Ty Lee. Ozai turned to her and nodded and then again tried to concentrate, but then a growl sounded. Ty Lee laughs lightly, "ok, we can eat first".

Ty Lee ate her food like always, while Ozai ate his 30th plate. The old woman thanked that the cost of the food would be covered by Republic City. The hotel was one of the most important and prestigious in the country, but that contrasted with the image of the kid eating plate after plate as if this was his last meal.

Once Ozai finished his food, they went back to their room. Ozai was about to sit again, but Ty Lee stopped him. She pointed out that it was already too late, and they needed to wake up early the next day. Ozai nodded and got to his room. There was a knock on the door, and the old woman went to answer.

The young teen entered his room and went directly to bed. He had a big smile, 'Mom, Dad', he whispered. This was the first time he had been this far from his parents and the longest time without seeing them. He was suddenly feeling homesick.

He closed his eyes to imagine his parents; his father waved at him, 'Hey Ozai! How was your training? Do you think you got stronger?' Ozai chuckled at that. Then his mother appeared next to his father, with her hands behind her and with a stern look, 'Could you explain to me what happened at the north pole? You are still inexperienced! From now on, you will be in a perpetual training regime until I deem it necessary. The only time you will stop training is to eat and sleep.

Ozai stood up. Suddenly he was no longer so keen to go back.

---------------------------

The next day arrived, and Ozai, at some point, fell asleep. He was drooling all over his pillow when Ty Lee entered the room. "Wake up! That we have a long road ahead of us!" shouted Ty Lee.

Ozai woke up and looked out the window. The sky was reddish, and he felt rejuvenated. He stretches a little and prepares himself to go.

After another scary shift at the hotel's kitchen, Ozai and Ty Lee left the place inside a Sato-mobile. This car would take them closer to Omashu, and from there, they would need to go by themselves.

While in the car, Ty Lee wondered If it would be to take a ship from Omashu and get to the port in the Zoryu port in the south sea. But the walk from Omashu to Tu Zin may be good for Ozai.

The trip was fast, and it only took them a day to arrive. In the meantime, Ozai had tried to learn a little more about the energy. He tried to expand his energy, but he could only feel Ty Lee's and the driver's energy.

When they arrived at Omashu, they went directly to a small building that was their hotel.

"Hey Ozai, did you know this city was once called like you? Ozai city. The name did not last, though", said the old woman when they walked in the streets. The car was not allowed inside as the city was not designed for vehicles to pass through their streets.