Surprise News

The information of what happened in Boiling Rock arrived first before Azula was able to come back, all thanks to the messenger hawk they received. That made Ozai rethink his original plan. He always thought that Azula will be his successor but, the series of failures she showed are now something to worry about, but surprisingly, the kid he took as a third backup plan is doing things very well. Although at this point, he cannot marry his daughter to him, as all the people think of them as twins, he can still keep the lie and make him the right heir for the throne. No one would object to the decision after all the progress we've made thanks to him. The capture of the Kiyoshi warriors, the invasion of Ba Sing Se, and the defense of the city under the eclipse. For Ozai, it was a shame that the Azula's friends betrayed her, as their families were high enough, he would have allowed if Goku had chosen to keep one or even the two of them for him. So, before Azula was able to come back, Fire Lord Ozai summoned Goku alone.

- Son, please take a seat. Now, with the current situation of the war, our victory is secured, there are only a few resistances in Ba Sing Se, which is a minor problem that I will take care of. But after that, I am planning to change the politics of the world so it can become a better place.

Goku looked at his father. He knew that his father only desires the best for the world. The way he is doing it was something that he did not have control of, as the war started even before his father was born, but his father will finally end it. Goku was still with so much hope about what his father was going to say.

- In order to gain real balance. I will not declare the Fire Nation as the ruler, but myself. That way all the nations will coexist but they will be as only one. There won't be any political barriers. A Fire bender will be born in any nation, and that will apply to any person loyal to us. They will be able to be in any place they want, they will experience freedom. Benders and no benders will be the same, because all of them will be my subjects, and I will protect them from any harm. Still, the nations as we know will be working, as the day-by-day problems will need to be taken care of. That is why I want you to become the next Fire Lord.

Goku was in shock about that. Although he believed his father could bring balance, the idea of himself as the Fire Lord was something he never thought about. And right now, Azula was not with him to help him to get out of this situation, and even worse, that is Azula's dream and he does not want to take her dream away.

- Dad, I mean, Fire Lord Ozai. I do think that you can do it, but I do not desire for the throne. I want to help you and the Fire Nation on the battlefield. The crown should be with someone more capable like my sister.

Ozai looked to Goku somehow upset for what he said. But after all this time he knew that his loyalty was always with Azula. It was a good thing to know that he never betrayed her as the others are doing now. But in this decisive moment, where he can seize power, Goku was still loyal to her, and most importantly, to him.

- Is that your final answer? You will never have another opportunity to become the Fire Lord.

- It is, father. I am sure that Azula will lead the Fire Nation as well as you do.

Ozai showed a little smirk on his face

- Very well. I will crown your sister as the next Fire Lord. In exchange, promise me that you will protect her from any harm. If she is going to be the Fire Lord, means that she is as important as the Fire Nation itself.

- Leave it to me. father.

Goku smiled when he heard that his father asks him to protect his twin sister.

A week has passed after the secret meeting of Goku and Ozai. In the bay, near the ships and the war balloons, Ozai was standing. A few seconds later, Azula and Goku arrived from different palanquins. Even though Goku did not like them, he knew that this occasion was a very formal thing, and he needed to follow the protocols he was told. Then when they arrived where his father was, Azula told her father that she was ready to go with him and destroy the revels. But then revealed that there was a change of plans.

- I've decided to lead the fleet of airships to Ba Sing Se alone. You will remain here in the Fire Nation.

- But I thought we were going to do this together.

- My decision is final.

- You ... you can't treat me like this!

- Azula, silence yourself.

- But it was my idea to burn everything to the ground! I deserve to be by your side!

At that moment, Azula felt like also her own father was betraying her. She felt powerless at that moment, but when she looked at her sides, Goku was there and just gave her a smile and put her hand on her shoulder to calm her.

- Azula! Listen to me. I need you here to watch over the homeland. It's a very important job that I can only entrust to you.

- Really?

- And for your loyalty, I've decided to declare you the new Fire Lord.

- Fire Lord Azula? It does seem appropriate, but what about you?

- Fire Lord Ozai is no more. Just as the world will be reborn in fire, I shall be reborn as the supreme ruler of the world.

After that, the sages that were standing in the sides went and put a new royal garment.

- From this moment on, I will be known as... the Phoenix King.

Then the ceremony started and the new flags were raised next to the flags of the Fire Nation Kingdom. Some drums were played while The Phoenix King Ozai walk inside the war balloon. Azula then talk again

- Father, let me give you a present. In my representation, I want you to take the Dai Lee force. They are more knowledgeable in the area of Ba Sing Se, I am sure that will be able to help you.

Ozai smirk and wave his hand to show up that he allowed the decision of his daughter. Goku and Azula were standing there watching his father go. And when the war balloon left Azula to turn to see Goku.

- You knew about this?

- Yeah, we want you to give you the surprise about your crowning.

- Don't do it again.

She was with an upset face when talking to Goku, but once she entered the palanquin and close the curtains, she made a big smile, she was blushing a little. She was controlling her excitement. Goku already knew that she was happy, even when she was showing that upset face.