Family reunion Part 2

Over the flying Bison, Aang asked Toph where are they going, and she answered, "to the same forest of last time". When Aang was calmer, he talked with Toph.

- I wanted to ask you. Why were you that upset back then?

- You are a monk you won't understand.

- What?

- Look, did you hear what happened, right?

- Yes, she has to go for all those problems because of the Fire Lord.

- Wrong. If it was only for the Fire Lord, she could have gone to any earth village as a refugee, like hundreds of people did. But what she did? She go for another man and decided that that man was more important than the memory of her kids.

- All people need to find their own happiness.

- See, I told you that you won't understand. Monks do not have a concept of family.

- I thought that you were the one that loves freedom.

- That does not mean that I do not love my family. Or that I would want to forget about them. They were overprotective parents, and even when I was with you having fun or fighting in the war, I never forgot my parents.

Aang got silent. He got reflexive, he was not raised in the parenting system of father and mother as the Airbenders were raised all together and, the idea of parents was not really implemented. Aang does not know or remember who his parents were, and that has never been a problem for him, as that was the way the air benders were raised.

After they arrived at the forest, Toph asked Aang to stayed there as she will come back later. Aang decided to go to the river close by and meditate there. After an hour, he heard that Toph was back, so he stood up and opened his eyes, only to be surprised as behind Toph was Azula and Goku. Aang changed into a fighting stance and said, "left Toph to go". Toph attacked Aang and made him fall, then she said to the Avatar.

- They are not here to attack you. They are here because you need to help'em.

- What? Why should I help them?

- Because they are the ones that give me the information of the whereabouts of Zu... of Ursa.

- They?

- Who else would know about it?

- Besides, you give me your word as an Avatar that you will give me this favor.

After Aang was sure that he was not going to be attacked by the Fire twins, he lowered his defense. He reflected a little and then asked:

- What kind of favor do you need?

- We are searching for our father.

- Wasn't he with you?

- He disappeared a few months ago.

- And how do you expect me to help?

- Take us to the spirit world.

- What? Do you know what you are talking about? You know that there is not a way to enter there. It is even difficult for me as an Avatar to go there, let alone taking other people. Besides, thinking that I could take you there, why do you think he would be there?

- In the north and south pole are portals to the spirit world. Only the Avatar can open and close the portals. And if after we go there we do not find him, that will be ok.