Chapter XIV Sex And Violence 1/2

The last weeks event's shook everyone to the bone, yet it didn't stop our weird bunch of punks from enjoying their days off. Obviously they are always ready to fight but they still have to live their lives, so this night, after everyone finished their shifts, they ventured out to the dark, uninviting city of Danzig to see Shubbys band play and drink enough alcohol to kill an elephant. Everyone dressed more or less appropriately. 

Ginger, a metalhead to the bone. Emilia made herself a nice denim jacket. She painted a giant, red peace sign on her back. Doc whipped out an old leather jacket and military boots. Bullterier  didn't quite match their energy (as he often does) with his light blue shirt and tight jeans. He was elegant as always, so everyone just went with it even though they were going to a thrash metal concert. Well this time, everyone was actually weirded out by Hedg... He wore a black shirt and tucked it in his trousers. He was well groomed and he even polished his boots. 

On the way to "Lions maw", which was the name of the bar where Shubby played, they stopped in a shop to stock up on cigarettes and buy some beers to drink on the way there. As they were walking away from the shop they saw a couple of drunken young man with shaved heads walking in their direction. Their boots were tied with white shoelaces in a particular way, signing them as aligning with ideologies that didn't sit quite well with our protagonists. As They passed Bullterier and Hedg, one of them spitted on the ground and mumbled something along the lines of "nice shirts fucking faggots" They all tensed up and looked at each other. Raised eyebrows and held breaths signaled violent intents.
- Would you be so kind and hold our beers my dear? - Asked Bullterier Emilia with a kind smile. Em frowned and took the bottles from all of them as they handed them over.
- Nazi punks? - asked Hedg quietly as they stopped walking. He smiled with a spark of excitement in his eyes. The question was rather sarcastic and playful.
- Fuck off! - Shouted the rest of The Sopot Boyz besides Emilia as she wasn't familiar with their strained relationship with skinheads. - Oi! - They yelled in unison and turned to the unmannered folks behind them. All four of them didn't look surprised. Without further ado, they all squared up and started walking towards each other. 
- Did you say somethin honey? - Asked Hedg with a shit eating grin as he stood dangerously close to the guy who tried to insult them before and hid his glasses in his pocket. He was a bit taller and more muscular than Hedg. He had a square shaped face and a mouth that looked as if it was designed to eat bricks. He wore a dark green flyer jacket and jeans.
- Don't get too close Hedg, he might actually kiss you. - Sighed Doc. Ginger cracked his neck and fingers. One of them with a leather jacket spat on the sidewalk.
- You must be fags for real! - He exclaimed. The other two, both wearing denim jackets, laughed with voices that could only be described as the ones of very uneducated chimpanzees.
- Was that even a joke? - Bullterier chuckled as he was dumbfounded by their stupidity. Their bald heads turned to him. They stopped laughing, displeased with his comment. Em watched them with worry yet still excited to see how it all turns out. Hedg took out his pack of cigarettes and opened it. He reached out, offering one to the man staring at him with disgust. He looked down with confusion and immediately got punched in the face with Hedgs second hand. He immediately covered his bloody nose and backed up a few steps although not enough to avoid a powerful kick to the chest which knocked him on his back. His friends looked quite surprised. Ginger rushed the closest one of their foes and swiftly dodged his straight punch. He hit him in the stomach and wanted to follow up with a hook but one them came with help and punched him in the face. Ginger stumbled on his feet but Bullterier was quick to avenge him and hit his attacker with a devastating right punch which made him loose his balance. Ginger recovered and and hit the guy with a leather jacked in the cheek. He then proceeded to grapple him. He struggled for a few seconds but finally got on his back and locked him in a chokehold. Bullterier followed up with a left straight to the face knocking one out and then proceeded to beat the face of the one that Ginger was holding. 
- Not so talkative now ey! Poor bald boy, gettin' his teeth kicked in by a fag huh! - Laughed Ginger and let go of his opponent who fell on the ground. He kicked him for a good measure and together with Bullterier switched their focus to the next one. Hedg and Doc approached the last one who at this point lost his fervor but still took out his pocket knife. Hedg smiled from ear to ear and the last skinhead suddenly felt anxious and scared. Doc just looked at him with his arms crossed and an unassuming expression. The skinhead slowly hid his knife back.
- Your friends... they look like they need some help standing up, sorry I can't help, we have quite an important event to attend so please, excuse us... - Hedgs tone was quite nice, he sounded genuinely worried. He winked and turned away thus ending the encounter. Our group of young punks started walking away without even looking back. They took the beers from Em who was still standing with her eyes wide open.
- I will never get bored with you guys... - She said. They all headed to the venue where Shubby was playing. 
- First the shirt and polished boots and now you actually learnt how not to speak in a mean tone? - Asked surprised Ginger while waving his beer over his head. Hedg grabbed his and opened it with a lighter which he then used to light up a cigarette. He took a big puff, then a swig of the beverage, and then slowly released the smoke with a satisfied sigh.
- It's a good day and am not letting some idiots spoil it for me. - He replied with a faint smile. Emilia looked back at the bunch of groaning men struggling to stand up behind them.
- So couldn't we just ignore them? Was all that violence really necessary? - She asked confused.
- Not really... - Shrugged Bullterier. 
- Necessary? No. Fun? Definitely. - Replied Ginger. 
- They've deserved it. Also, am actually flattered. I've always admired the courage of gay dudes to wear what they wanna wear. It means I probably look good right? - Hedg raised his eyebrow as if awaiting a positive response. They all stopped walking for a second to take a better look at him. Hedg crossed his arms and tried to make a handsome face. 
- You look weird. - Commented simply Doc and sighed. 
- Yeah, like a bum in a suit. - Added Ginger and chuckled. Em actually felt sad for Hedg. Boy really did try to look better and he was fairly successful. Hedg replied by simply giving Ginger a middle finger.
- Oh give poor ol' Hedg a break, he looks great! - Said Bullterier and gave him a friendly pat on the back. - He probably wants to pull some goth chick at the concert and I gotta give it to him, his chances are quite high! - Hegd raised his eyebrow even higher when he heard the word "goth chick". 
- We need to go a little faster guys, we gonna be late because of these bastards. - Said Doc and put the bottle up to his lips, then suddenly cocked his head back and spun the bottle in the air, making a little tornado inside and finishing the beer in a span of dozen of seconds. The rest did a similar thing. They all started burping which grossed Emilia out a little bit. Boys looked at her, probably expecting her to the same. She couldn't possibly drink it that fast. 
- Eh? - she just grunted. Ginger mysteriously walked up to her with a devious smile and hit the top of her bottle with his causing it to explode with foam. "Bastard..." she whispered quickly and put her mouth to the bottle not to lose any of the precious, golden liquid which overflowed and was actually running through her nose. She spat some on the sidewalk and looked at him with eyes full of pure hatred. 
- The fuck was that?! - She violently spitted the words out of her mouth. They all burst out in laughter.
- We thought you might need a little help finishing that. - Shrugged Doc. - Now for real guys, I don't wanna be late. - As he said it, he started walking away. 
- Fine... but you owe me a one at "Lions Maw"! And a good one at that! Not that cheap piss you usually drink. - She said with a fussy face. They all started walking again but Bullterier stopped for a second and put his hand on her shoulder. 
- Don't mind em'. You know they can be complete dorks sometimes, they mean no harm though. You're a part of the group now so you got to get used to their hijinks. - He said with his warm smile. She slowly looked him in the eyes and nodded. After few seconds of silence he turned his head to the rest for a quick moment. - Wanna get back at them later? - He said while squinting his eyes a little and smiling a bit wider. This sight managed to put a similar expression on Emilias face. 
- Sure thing partner. - She responded with a wink...