Chapter X Holy Fucking Shit: 40,000

They divided themselves into three teams.

Team Dead - which consisted of their arguably most dangerous fighter which was currently barely conscious and had nothing left to vomit, and their excellent sharpshooter Doc, currently blinded and insanely confused.

Team Strike - which consisted of very angry Em and Bullterier who was starting to be scared of her determination.

And Team Ginger - which consisted of Ginger who was very proud of the name he came up with, and Shubby who didn't have enough willpower to argue with Ginger.

- He must be tricking us... - Said Shubby. - How do we get him to kneel?
- Brute force is usually the way, but I don't think it's gonna work this time. - Thought out loud Bullterier.
- We will go out look for him. You two should stay close to Doc and Hedg. We will figure out the rest in the meantime. - Replied Em ready to action. She looked fearless, as if she was waiting for the fight.
- He said we're out of the game. Just go, we're gonna be fine. - Said Doc in an upset tone.
- On our behalf... kick his ass. - Whispered Hedg weakly and curled up into a ball.
- You're not getting better are you. - Sighed Shubby. - Let's go then.

Em and Bullterier decided to go to the nearby playground where she saw the little girl earlier. They weren't ready to enter the park full of eyeballs yet. The presence of the Librarian disappeared right after he exploded into flames. Only a feeling of being stalked remained. After a quick and stressful walk, they found her playing in the sandpit.
- What the... - Commented surprised Bullterier when he spotted her. - Don't you think it's a trap?
- She has a faint presence... it doesn't appear evil like the rest of the demons. - They cautiously approached the lost soul and waited for a bit before saying anything to her.
- Hey? Who are you? - Asked softly Em. - How did you get there? - The girl looked back at them. As she expected, her eyes were missing. Although her empty gaze didn't seem as sinister as the one of the demon.
- You want to play with me? We don't have many guests around here... - She whispered faintly. Team Strike looked at each other raising their eyebrows.
- Sure... - Said Bullterier and approached her slowly. They both sat in the sand and watched her build a castle for a while, not sure what to do yet.
- Soo how are you feeling huh? - Asked Em.
- The eyes are quite calm today. And it's nice to play in new places you know. Maybe even make a new friend... Are you my friends? - Bullterier smiled.
- If the Librarian doesn't kill us today, sure, we can be friends. - He said as he started helping her with her construction
- Mr. Librarian is very nice. He was waiting for you for a long time you know? He likes studying. Shame. Doesn't have time to play with me sometimes...
- How long have you been here? - Asked Em.
- I don't know... I was always just... there... with Mr. Librarian, safe. - The way she talked about him was weird. It filled them with suspicions but it seemed like this kid wasn't actually in danger.
- We will come back later alright? We're actually looking for him. We're also playing, just a bit differently you know. Do you know where he might be? - Bullterier smiled kindly again.
- No... but am sure he's gonna come back shortly.
- Oki doki, take care then alright? - He said as he was standing up. She smiled to him and nodded.

They left the playground even more confused than before.
- Just what is she? - Wondered Bullterier. Em frowned, lost in her thoughts. They continued the search in silence.

- Am out of smokes. - Complained Ginger.
- Here. - Replied Shubby while taking his pack out. He shook it and it rattled depressingly. - But at this rate am gonna be out shortly too and I don't think the gas station is gonna be open here. - They were searching through a nearby building. It only had five floors and it looked like the rest were cut off clean by some giant machine. They should have a good view from the top floor. The inside looked abandoned. Piles of dust and rubble everywhere. Some rooms appeared bigger or smaller than they actually were. They could swear they saw something moving in the walls or eye shaped objects forming and dissolving in the concrete. It was freaking them out. As they lit their cigarettes they heard a faint laugh and immediately started looking for it's source.
- You feeling anything? - Whispered Ginger. Shubby looked up at the ceiling and felt a weird presence somewhere at the top of the building.
- It's not him, but it's somewhere up there... - He replied.
- I will go first then, cover me. - Ginger straightened his posture and walked briskly in the direction of the stairs. Shubby followed but stayed cautious. As they were approaching the top floor, they felt the ground shaking for a few seconds. They looked at each other and stopped moving right where they were standing.
- If it collapses we won't survive anyway don't you think? - Asked Ginger completely disregarding their safety.
- Technically true... We will figure something out. Let's go up. Am sick of this fucking place... - Shubby was starting to get really vexed.