Chapter VI-/-VII Doomed User

Hedg stared at the ceiling. He needed sleep, but not yet. His anxiety ridden brain was boiling with rage. They're suspicious of him. He whom saved all of them. He whom started their crusade...

Bullshit.

These thoughts weren't his. The fingertips on the borders of his mind were getting tighter. 

They had every right to be suspicious. This wasn't some holy crusade. It's his glorified suicide mission and he's just dragging them along, yearning for some kind of comfort, not wanting to be alone again. Finally the fatigue was even stronger than his fears. 

As he closed his eyes, he felt his body break through a tile of dark, cold waters. It's always too realistic. He opened his eyes to look around. He saw an island among the violent waves and he started swimming towards it. The sky was clouded with grey, stormy clouds. He managed to make it to the shore. The island was small. it gave a false promise of safety. Entirely made of gravel, there were only three things here. An old well made out of grey rocks, and a pile of bones and flesh of few hundreds corpses of demons. Dried bones shuffled as a shadowy silhouette moved. The thing sitting on top of the pile slowly turned it's head to Hedg. The boy bowed down as low as he could.
- Stand straight my child. - Said the creature with a deep, coarse voice resembling a sound of stones scraping each other. - I am proud you and your slaves were able to take on the emperor. - Hedg looked up on the man sitting around ten feet above him. It was hard not to avert your eyes from it, but even as he was gazing upon the monster, his brain simply refused to see any details so it appeared as a blur. A faceless shadow. Eerie feeling of danger and impending death filled Hedg yet he didn't even flinch. 
- You shouldn't have intervened. - He said in a dry, lifeless tone. - They noticed. 
- You're a smart man. Your half-truths only strengthen their trust. They will see you as a man that will protect them even through death. And even if they will learn the whole truth, only the unexperienced girl stands a chance. Nothing can stop the Endless Night. We're the only ones that will surface victorious.  
- Wouldn't it be smarter if next time you lend me more power? - Boy raised his eyebrow and tried not to sound pretentious. He wasn't fond of getting pierced through his lungs and guts again.
- Perhaps we can arrange that, as a reward for getting the Emperor, you may drink some of the blood from the well. Look, it's almost full... - Hedg sensed some sense of satisfaction in the last part of the sentence. He looked over the edge of the short well. Filled almost completely with a dark, crimson liquid. He made both of his hands into a bowl and filled it with the blood. He drank a handful. Thick and sticky, it sent a wave of disgust over his whole body...