CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20

"Pasok ka na," I pouted.

Sinapo nito ang kamay niya. "Hindi na, Alora. Alam kong magaaral ka pa. Tsaka, 'pag ihahatid kita sa loob ng bahay niyo, I'm sure Tito and Tita won't let me leave after dinner. Busog pa ako, see." hinawakan nito ang tiyan niya.

I laughed. "Fine! I'll get going then."

"Wait lang. I'll open the door for you," he took his seatbelt off and got out of the car to open the door for me.

I thanked him and he got my things from the backseat before walking me to the gate.

"Thank you for today, Zai. I had a great time with you." I smiled at him.

He nodded. "Anytime. Now, you have to get inside. Baka magaral ka pa. I'll text you when I get home okay."

I nodded and got my things from him. But instead of getting in, I didn't move an inch and stared at him.

We stayed like that for a few seconds before I went to him and wrapped my arms around his face and burying my face in his chest.

He froze because of what I did but eventually hugged me back.

"W-What's this for?" he whispered.

"I just... Ang tagal nating hindi nakita and I-I missed you." I snuggled myself in his chest.

He caressed my hair and released me. He held my face in his hands. "I missed you, too. But you have to really get going now. Baka magtaka na sila tito."

I scrunched my nose. "They won't mind. Ikaw naman ang kasama ko."

He shook his head. "Not for me."

I sighed and nodded but before he left me, I felt his lips on my forehead shocking me and having butterflies fly around my stomach.

"Sleep well, Alora." he smiled and I did the same, awkwardly.

"Y-Yeah. Ingat ka sa biyahe. Don't drive too fast."

"I won't."

I got inside the gate and I heard his car drove off. I went in the house and took the stairs and went straight to my room. Pagkabukas ko ng pintuan bumungad kaagad sa akin ang napakagandang bouquet ng bulaklak sa kama ko.

May pink at red roses na nakaayos ng maganda at may note ulit. Kinuha ko 'yon at binasa.

I hope you enjoyed our dinner. I missed you. Don't tire yourself much, okay? I'll fetch you in UAD after your class on the Fifteenth of September.

— Zairen

Binaba ko kaagad ang gamit ko kama para picturan ito.

"Sweet of him," I whispered to myself.

Alam kong kaunting oras na lang... Mangyayari na ang inaabangan niya at ako rin. Hinahanap ko lang talaga ang tyempo para masabi ko na ang matamis na "oo" sa kanya.

Sa dalawang buwan na mahigit akonh niligawan ni Zairen, pinaramdam niya sa akin ang dating akala kong hindi ko mararamdan na pagmamahal.

Morning and night texts. Updates me whenever he gets home. Tries his best to call me every night after a tiring day at work. Flowers weekly. Bonds with me and my family.

Hindi ko na maisa-isa lahat. Sa sobrang dami ng nagawa niya para sa akin, pinaramdam niyang pagsinta sa akin. Tiyak na hindi ko matatanggi na hulog na hulog na talaga ako sa kanya.

I heard a knock from my door and Mom entered.

"Good evening, dear," she hugged me and when she released me she looked down and saw the bouquet. "Nakita mo na pala." she smiled and faced me.