Ch#49: "Endeavor"

*Warning* This chapter contains torture, blood and mentions of violence. Be advised.

Davien's Pov:

A few months ago:

I stared at my beautiful Maeve who was dressing up in front of me. She was putting on a dress for our date as I had asked her out. My attention diverted to her again when she gasped looking at herself in the mirror.

"Wow!" She said to herself as she inspected the dress. She twirled around and the beautiful purple frock dress moved up making her giggle which made me smile, watching her happily.

"You look gorgeous," I told her as she glanced at me through the mirror and blushed.

"Thank you," she replied softly and continued doing her make-up.

I let her do it, I would wait for her even for a million hours if she wanted to look good. I knew for a fact that these things were never given to her which is something every teenager wants. It's absolutely sad they treated her this way.

"Okay, I tracked the necklace. It shows her location in a remote area and is pretty far from here. A plane can't be flown there so the first few hours are by car and then after that on feet," I explained to everyone. "Any questions?"

"How long will it take to get there?" Cynthia asked as I looked back at my computer.

"The distance surely seems like it could take more than 12 hours but we will make sure that we find her as soon as possible," I replied to her as she nodded.

"Okay, go get ready now!" I said excitedly as I knew I would find her. I will find you, baby. Don't worry.

By the time I had arrived outside to the patrolling area, everyone was getting ready for the journey. Everyone knew that this was their Luna so they would do their best.

I heard Cynthia and Zaiden bidding each other farewell while every other warrior did too.

Putting on some vests as I glanced toward Tiana and Derek who were getting ready together. I didn't want to eavesdrop but I heard them talking.

"I hope everything goes okay. I am worried for Maeve and Davien both," Tiana said to Derek who smiled and wrapped an arm around her.

"It's okay. I know they'll be okay," he replied.

"How? I mean I know Maeve is strong but still. She's like a sister to me and it concerns me too."

"Babe, everything will be okay. Besides, we'll be together and everyone else will be there too."

"Yeah, I know. I'm also worried about you. I don't want anything happening to you."

"I know, I promise nothing will happen to me."

They shared a kiss after that making me look away with a smile. She's in good hands.

"Come on everyone! Let's head on!" I shouted towards my men and women who were busy meeting their families. They knew this would be a suicide mission but I was hoping that our warriors would make it.

Going inside the prepared car, we bid every other pack member goodbye as they gave us good farewells and hoped their Luna would be okay.

None of us stayed back as everyone wanted to help me. Karsika and some of her witches were in another car while, Derek, Tiana, Cynthia, Aiden, and Sabrina were in the other along with me.

Everyone had done the packing and we were ready for another dreading journey. I know I'll bring her back and everything would be okay. At the end of the day, she's my mate and she's someone I'll do anything for.