Ch#18: "Love Bird's"

*Warning* This chapter has gore, blood and torture. Be advised.

Davien's Pov:

Hearing light whimpering and crying noises, I opened my eye's to see darkness around me. Turning towards Maeve, I noticed she wasn't in my arm's anymore making me worried. I turned on the side lamp and saw Maeve in the corner of the room with her head in her hands and she looked very scared.

"Baby?" I called out yawning lightly, my fingers making there way onto my face as I rubbed it to get it out of sleep. She didn't make a single noise as if she didn't know I called. Looking at the clock which read exactly "3:25am" I frowned, what is my mate doing at this time?

I got out of bed and towards her while she sobbed lightly. "Sweetheart? What's wrong?" I whispered as I held her hand in mine before she started screaming and thrashing around. "No no leave me please! Stop it!" she yelled out as her eye's were still closed making hug her immediately.

"Love wake up, it's just a nightmare. Come on open your eyes," I whispered into her ear as she opened her teary and puffy eye's looking straight at me. She sobbed loudly and I pulled her head into my chest, "Shh it's okay, I am right here with you," I whispered again and again to stop her from crying but she was sobbing very loudly.

Inbetween her sobs, I cupped her cheek and looked at her face. "What happened? Tell me love what happened?" I asked as a frown was placed on my face and she started hiccuping clutching me tighter. She shook her head and buried her face in my neck as I felt my neck getting wet by her tears. My heart clenched knowing the best I could do right now was to comfort her, I really wish I could fight her demons.

I picked her up bridal style and took her towards our bed. Making her sit down against the headboard and placing some blankets around her, I was about to get water for her but she immediately grabbed my arm.

"N-no don't leave m-me," she whispered as I smiled sadly and sighed before sitting on the bed, wrapping my arm's around her and pulling her into my chest again. "I was just bringing you water love," I told her and she instantly shook her head again.
She had stopped crying now as I lightly brushed my hands through her hair to calm her down.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" I asked her softly before she shook her head and closed her eye's grabbing my waist tighter making me sigh. Did her nightmares start again? But why? She was completely fine yesterday, we were happy. What even happened?

I looked at Maeve to see her snoring lightly and I smiled kissing her forehead, she looked adorable. Closing my eye's as well and making sure my mate was secure, sleep overtook me completely.

•••

Opening my eye's to birds chirping and sunlight wavering it's way through the closed curtains, it was already 7am. I glanced down at Maeve who was squished against my chest, I smiled caressing her cute cheeks, "You're so beautiful baby," I whispered admiring her beauty and feeling a little sad about what happened last night. "Do something for her, she needs it," Reller spoke and I sighed pressing a deep kiss on my mate's forehead.

Hearing her stir and move around, she opened her baby blue eye's looking up at me. "Good morning love," I greeted her and she just hummed in content before closing her eye's again. "Sweetheart we got to wake up," I told her and she shook her head whining like a little baby, my baby.
"No," she mumbled out and I chuckled at her cute behavior, honestly I was so in love with her that just her talking made me melt my heart.

I felt her snoring again so I sighed laughing a little, my little baby is tired. I silently got her off of me and went towards the bathroom tip toeing so I could cool myself off, God what the fuuuuckkkk, why do I have a huge boner right now!? I breathed out and took a deep breath again as I turned on the cold water which hit my warm body soothing it and also making me frozen like ice.