Ch#5: "Afraid"

Maeve's Pov:

When I woke up I was confused. I could feel something on my hand as I tried opening my eyes but whatever held me, made it extremely hard to.

Suddenly gasping I realized I wasn't in that dirty cell anymore instead I was in a very comfortable bed. Opening my eyes, everything seemed blurred and out of focus and that's when I noticed the IVs connected to my hand. I was in a hospital but how and even a bigger concern why?

A figure entered the room but because of my distorted vision, I couldn't understand much. The person took off the oxygen mask and spoke to someone who was standing beside where I was currently lying.

When I opened my eyes properly the first thought of mine was, he was an Alpha and I knew that because of the dangerous aura that surrounded him.

"P-please don't hurt me." I blurt out in a whisper. I knew men like him, they were dangerous.

"I won't hurt you, let me help you," He said, taking the remote of the hospital bed which made me sit up as I gasped from the weird sensation.

"You might not know but I am your mate. My name's Davien Knight, may I know yours?" He asked in a gentle soothing voice and I refrained from looking up at him.

"M-maeve," I replied and he acknowledged with a beautiful smile. I was surprised he hadn't rejected me yet.

"I know Maeve you're scared. But I won't hurt you, I won't even touch you," He whispered sincerely, and it made me feel better. No one had ever spoken to me this way so it felt foreign.

Soon some insecurities came flooding in like a tsunami. Did he want me? That he didn't want to reject me. I don't believe it. Wait, so were the people in my pack wrong then?

"Hey, would you like some water?" He suggested it as if he knew my thoughts. Maybe he knew because I was in that cell.

"Can I?" He bobbed his head before pouring me a glass of water. I was so grateful for his kindness that tears sprung in my eyes.

I wanted to say something nice to make him happy and not annoyed like I always made other people. I would always make someone annoyed and I felt like I was the burden on them. They never liked my presence so how can he?

"Thank you for being nice Alpha Davien," I conveyed my appreciation to him in a whisper to not make him want to hit me or beat me. I am afraid of him too, he is even stronger than the people in my pack.

With sparkly green eyes and pink lips, he was stunning. His jaw could cut paper and his cheekbones were defined as if the Goddess took all the time making him only. The muscles he had were so attractive, that they bulged out of his shirt.

As if thinking about him enough, he took my hand gently. I was shocked at the sparks it created in my body before he spoke in his gentle husky voice making my heart beat faster

"You're my mate, I would never hurt you and I will always be nice to you," The words he spoke so tenderly were really sweet, I was surprised someone told me that. Never in my life has anyone wanted me let alone talk to me softly.

While I exaggerated everything in my mind, Zelda was the one happier than me. She said that she felt even happier meeting our mate and he would not betray us. He was trustworthy, maybe just maybe he wouldn't be like them.

"Alright love, go to sleep. I'll be back in a few hours and I promise to be here when you wake up." He adjusted my blanket and the bed. I watched his moves as he turned on a side lamp before caressing my cheek and leaving the room, closing the door shut.

Maybe he wasn't lying. He'll be back? Maybe. I closed my eyes as the exhaustion took over me and I slept within minutes.

Consciousness arrived back to me when my eyes opened and I saw Alpha Davien sitting on the hospital chair with some papers in his hands.

"Oh, you woke up. How are you feeling?" He pried as I nodded slightly.

No words were spoken for a moment as I anticipated whether he even liked me talking.

"The doctors told me about your bruises. I hope you tell me about them someday, hmm?" He requested in his rough deep-toned voice and I almost froze as a shiver ran up my spine. Shit, he knows about the bruises. What should I do? Lie? But his tone wasn't rude or harsh. He was nice.

"It's okay I understand if you don't want to speak about it. We'll talk about them when you feel comfortable."

I just glanced at him starstruck and he just gave me a small smile.

"W-when am I allowed to leave?" I whispered again because, from a younger age, I was told not to speak louder.

Runts are supposed to keep their mouths shut.

"Once you heal, you're coming with me to our home," He replied sternly, giving his answer and making me nod and look down to respect him. After all, he was an Alpha and I was just an Omega. My rank was so low that he could've easily rejected me at this point but I don't understand how he even was tolerating me.

My mind flashed toward the time Beta Jeremy had beaten me up.

"No one will want you after I am done with you. You fucking bitch," Beta Jeremy slams me down on the floor before unbuckling his belt.

"P-please don't I beg you," I stutter out as he hits me with the metal portion of the belt and a scream escapes my mouth.

"Fuck off you stupid bitch," He says before grabbing my hair and forcefully kneeling me down as tears streaked down my face.

"P-please, no," I pleaded but still made me do whatever he desired.

Everyone loved to hurt me, they loved to make fun of me. But it wasn't just me, it was every woman in the pack who was an omega. They never respected anyone.

I woke up with a gasp, realizing I had slept again. Alpha Davien was nowhere to be seen, maybe he didn't like sitting with me.

Sighing, I laid back down and looked beside the bed which had a small window. Children were running around and parents were doing their work. A smile graced my lips. They looked happy. 

[Word Count- 1127]

A/N

I hope you liked it. Next chapter will be posted next week.

See y'all:)

xoxo

-lily