Ch#36: "Acrimony"

*Warning* This chapter will contains mentions of blood and murder. Be advised.

{A long authors note at the end. Do read it}

Davien's Pov:

"We don't think Jacob killed Jeremy and committed suicide. We think they were killed."

My eyes widened and I sighed, running a hand down my face.

"Why do you think that?" I asked calmly, no one wants a chaos right now, not when my veins are about to pop.

Aiden and Derek glanced at each other nervously before sitting down on one of the basement chairs.

"Sit down Davien," Derek spoke, he knew that I can't function properly standing up, I've done quiet a damage before and my wolf couldn't control himself but we've been calm ever since meeting our queen.

"So, when we found their bodies, there were several nail marks on Jeremy's neck right? But none on Jacob's. It looks like Jeremy did struggle against someone and Jacob didn't," he explained, I furrowed my eyebrows thinking what could be the cause of this.

I banged my hand on the table in front of me in anger, closing my eyes. "Davien, please calm down. Everything will be fine," he tried calming me and I breathed in deeply. My head felt like bursting at the moment.

"Okay, tell me what happened the night before," I asked, getting up and pouring myself some whiskey and giving both of them a glass too.

"No, don't pour me any. Tiana and I are trying to quit our drinking habits," Derek said. I stared at him for a moment and rolled my eyes.

"I tried stopping you for years but my sister comes in your life and you do it immediately. Dick," I exclaimed with a shake of a head making him side chuckle as Aiden snorted. Dumbasses.

"Alright so explain everything to me again. Leave no detail," I told them as I sat back down on my chair. My mind was wavering, what could've possibly have happened to these two?

"Okay. Well the day the murder took place, the guards appointed there said that Jacob had been quiet since two days and Jeremy was saying that he didn't want to stay with him. He felt threatened in his presence for some reason. They didn't tell us about this issue as it didn't seem anything huge. He didn't say what would Jacob do to him but he was crying and restless to be taken out of the cell," Derek explained as I nodded with a sigh. The confusion here is why? Why the fuck was he scared of Jacob? Why did Jacob kill him and then himself?

"Well after we both got to know about this, I tried talking to Jacob and all he said was that he means no harm to Jeremy and wouldn't do anything. Apparently he lied. That same night, he killed Jeremy and then himself. But the problem is that Jeremy was killed in such a way that it seems like Jacob got help from someone. He wasn't alone in the cell," he explained further which still didn't explain why Jacob committed such an act. Who would've thought those assholes would die a horrendous death?

"Yeah but we questioned every guard and all of them said that their cells were locked and most of them were on border patrol that night. It really disturbs me that Jacob would lie and then do such a thing," Aiden spoke as I took a sip of the whiskey. My jaw clenched in anger and it felt like I would break the glass but I calmed myself. I would not go crazy.

"Where are their bodies?" I asked Derek.

"They're at the morgue at the moment. We wanted to investigate everything before giving them a burial," Aiden replied as I nodded again. I'll need to investigate them myself too.

"Okay I need to go there," we all stood up and I went outside locking my office door. Moving down the stairs and outside I saw Maeve playing with some of the pack children making me smile.