Ch#35: "Moments Like These"

*Warning* This chapter contains mature content. Be advised.

Davien's Pov:

"So we have to start packing now?" Maeve asked as I was busy folding my shirts and pants into the suitcase we brought.

"Yeah baby, I am not sure what's going on, but we need to leave immediately," I told her with am apologetic smile as she nodded adding her clothes inside.

"I am sorry our vacation is cut short," I said, as she shook her head with a smile.

"It's alright," she replied and I sighed. My mate is so understanding, even after everything she's been through.

I went to her and lightly kissed her head as I saw her eyes light up and a blush spread onto her cute cheeks.

I just chuckled a little and moved on to pack our bags.

•••

"Alright is everything done?" I asked once I reached the door, turning around I noticed Maeve holding her phone and scrolling with one of her hand on her face and one holding the phone.

"Earth to Maeve?" I asked moving towards her and waving my hand in front of her distracted face. She finally looked up and I could see the confusion on her face.

"The messages, their gone. I am trying to find them even in my message drafts but their not there," she said frustrated, scrolling yet again making me sigh and take her phone from her hand as she looked up annoyed.

"Look, it's alright. Maybe they have deleted them. Once we reach back, I'll get your phone seen so we can see where they went alright?" I comforted her as I saw a relief expression take on her face before she smiled, nodding at me. I didn't want her to worry about anything.

"Good girl. Besides why do you want to see these messages so bad? It'll make you even more paranoid," she glanced at me and I could see a bit of fear and distraught on her face making me confused now.

"Baby, what's going on? Are you okay?" I asked, holding her shoulders as her eyes filled with tears before I saw her lips wobbling as if she was about to cry, surprising me.

"I-I just I am afraid that people will not believe me. What if t-they think I am lying? What if they think I am going c-crazy? What-" her rambling was cut of by me when I placed my lips gently on hers and held her waist, pulling her closer to me.

For a moment, I could taste her salty tears and the vulnerability she held behind in her heart. Our lips moved slowly and carefully, as she held onto me like her life is me, which is true.

Pulling away, I placed my forehead on hers and caressed her cheek with one hand while one still held her waist. She was still breathing heavily and hiccuping a little as I stared into her closed her eyes.

"My love, I believe you and they will too. You're their Luna and they respect you a lot. Tiana, Cynthia, Aiden and Derek all care about you a lot. You don't have to worry about anything okay?" I explained as she nodded, holding my hand which was on her cheek.

"Okay," she mumbled, wiping her face and smiling at me making me smile back before I leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

At the same time, someone knocked on the main door and we pulled away.

"Alpha, your car is ready," A lady spoke as I looked at Maeve who nodded at me. I heard retreating footsteps before we both opened the door, leaving the beautiful apartment.

Entering the elevator, I pressed the button for ground floor and we started descending. I looked at Maeve who was lost in her thoughts so I grabbed her hand softly and brought it up kissing the back of it.