Chapter 33 Peacock lashes

I bolted towards the curtains where Gabrielle and I would be introduced. He ran after me while raising the wipes in the air like a weapon.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Tonight we will have two special guests."

I yelped and grabbed the nearest staff in the room and used him as a shield against Gabrielle. The poor guy looked confused as he stood between Gabrielle and I.

"Get over here!" He hissed.

"Sorry, buddy. My parents told me not to talk to strangers holding makeup wipes." I pointed at the tissue in his hands.

"These two have been on the hot seat since Mrs. Dupain' runway project."

I stuck my tongue out at Gabrielle and he flipped his middle finger.

"Is it a baseless rumor or is it the truth? Tonight we will finally have our answer."

Gabrielle started to charge towards me and the guys in the middle managed to escape my grasp. I cursed and stepped aside, Gabrielle tripped on my foot and fell on the ground. I looked at him and started laughing as I rudely pointed a finger at him. Gabrielle gritted his teeth and grabbed my hand.

"Let us welcome! Gabrielle and Felisha!  "

At that moment, the curtain rose, revealing Gabrielle who was down on one knee and while my hand.

And Felisha, who has a ridiculous makeup, looking shocked.

The crowd gasp that the sight so I quickly drew my hand back to wave at the crowd. Gabrielle did the same and we both waved robotically to the crowd.

"I hate you!" He said.

"Right back at you." I replied.

Both of us made our way to the opposite seat of the studio facing Aria Shedelle. Aria Shedelle, a middle aged woman with short dark hair and clue eyes, is a well known host with her very own sitcom, 'Tonight with Shedelle'. She's has a very sharp eyes and tongue that can almost detect the slightest media controversy and can play tricks in your mind to convince you into telling the truth.

If you want to confirm a gossip, then Shedelle is your woman.

Gabrielle and I both sat on the couch and made sure to sit as far away from each other as possible.

"So, our two rumored lovebirds, Felisha Hughes and Gabrielle Xyler. Welcome. How are you two?" She started to ask.

"Great!" Gabrielle said cheerfully.

"Awesome pawsome." I smiled and earned a glare from Gabrielle.

"Miss Felisha, I love your look today!" Aria said, but despite her words, I could see that she was unsure of what else to say to me at this point.

"Thank you. It's inspired by my creative self." I grinned my batted my peacock lashes at her. I could see that Gabrielle was trying hard not to strangle me at this point. That, or to reach out and pull my peacock lashes off.

Aria cleared her throat, "That's nice. And the crowd and I are very curious. What were you two doing earlier?"

Gabrielle and I blink as we soon remembered the scene that we displayed the moment that the curtains pulled back.

"I-I-" Gabrielle stuttered.

"He tripped and I simply helped him up." I said. Well it was half the truth anyway. Gabrielle gave me a pointed look and I suddenly remembered that I was suppose to leave all the talking to him.

"Well that is a disappointment." Aria sighed sadly. "And here we were thinking that it was a confirmation of your relationship with each other. Tell us, what exactly is your relationship?" She asked.