Chapter 24-Sanity

A bunch of different brands showed off their own style for the school look and have their own unique signature look. Some were really freaking damn awesome while some were just plain weird. Models after models - male and female - entered the stage. As a new company brand starts, a host will be there to announce the name, and immediately, a screen would pop out and show the photoshoots in different scenes of the models and their outfits.

Finally, it was our turn.

"And now, the last brand will showcase their own unique style. Ladies and gentlemen; the Collin Couture!" Our brand name was called. The crowd cheered when they heard my mom's clothing line.

The first batch of models went out. Strutting and posing at blazing cameras at the center stage just like we rehearsed. Smiling and looking proud and beautiful . And then the first batch was finished and now it was our turn.

Nico went in first ; looking so smug that makes me want to run in there and trip him -- but I didn't. Despite his stupid stature ,at least he delivers his walk well.

"Sophie,get ready!"I whispered to her. She was still trembling. I grabbed her shoulders to stop her from shaking .
" Hey relax. You look like an old blender trying to chop rock candy."

"I think I'm going to puke." She winced and covered her mouth. On instinct, I took a step back without realising my hold on her.

"Hey, you do not puke on me alright? And if it is already there, swallow it."

She removed her hands from her mouth and made a face at me."Gross. Did you realise what you just said?"

" Yeah. I am telling you to stop being nervous and get out of there already."

"But....... but I'm too nervous."

I turned to the side and let out a breath . Sophie is up and we really don't have time for this . I turned back to her with a serious look on my face .
Look ,Sophie. You're going to be fine, alright? Um...see those shoes of yours. They are magic. Just like Dorothy's shoes that can transport you to another place , but these shoes are also magical . They will help you to not trip and fall. Trust me! "

Just then when I thought she would actually buy it , Sophie gave me a long and hard stare. " Sweetie. I am not a kit who can be fooled with a crappy lie like that."

I bite the side of my cheek in annoyance . Well, so much for doing it nicely.

I inched my face closer to her and call my cool girl side as I looked at her threateningly " Look, Sophie, if you won't go out there I will personally cut down your nails and drip them in acetone until your perfectly manicured nails are gone . And if you trip, fall ,cry, or falter I will drag you kicking and screaming to the barbershop and let them give you a clean shave.......on the head."

"Oh look!I think its my turn!" She said . Her voice is too high in fake excitement as she made her way to the stage.

Thank you, cool-girl Marinette.

Sophie was able to walk well on stage and when she came back, she looked really cheerful and careful again.

Then next was Kevin, then me, and then Gabrielle.

And now it's time for the second batch of the regular models and time for us- Me , Nico , Kevin, Gabrielle and Sophie- to change into our next clothing piece.

Which my aunty is very bias about it and making me walk there twice.

Nico had to walk out first.His outfit was now something sporty . Neon polo shirt and a pastel blue varsity jacket with pastel green sleeves .Pants the same blue colour as his jacket and shoes the same neon green as his shirt. He walked fearlessly and confidently. Pulling the side of his jacket to show the neon polo shirt . Posing a little bit and winked before walking back.

Next up was me wearing that dress that my aunt showed me when it was still a sketch . The white v-neck dress with three layers of skirt that ends just above my knee. It was absolutely beautiful in real life. The two upper skirts sewed at the bust area. Each layer of the skirt has different color. The first was pink,then purple,then mint green . The hems of the skirts are beaded which winks when I walk or move . The moment I entered the stage it became blinding , what with my crystal-covered dress and the flash of the cameras . I was really careful not to trip on my silver stilletos and not make a full out of myself . Also, I was not used to wearing skirts in public that breeze blowing underneath is quite uncomfortable.

It was really a struggle for me ....... but I survived .

WOOHOO!!!

As I came back , I ran into Kevin who was just about to head out " Sorry!" I mumbled and looked up -he is taller than me by the way . Coming from his previous nerdy look he now turned into a popular kid . An orange polo-shirt with polka-dotted collar covered with beige jacket , and, if you are feeling chilly, another long orange coat on top . His pants were same shade of the beige as his jacket and his shoes were a mixture of dirty yellow, orange , blue and beige.

Again that feeling of familiarity....... why do I always get this feeling around him that he once was important part of my life. Maybe I am thinking too much....... but that feeling of familiarity . I needed to distract him so he doesn't think too much about the fact I am staring at him.

"Umm.... nice look" I said and immediately regretted it . What was that all about?

Lucky for me he was always the cheery type so he chuckled " Thanks. You look nice in a dress " He said as he turned to look at the stage and back at me with a smile "Well, I have to go now." He said as he marched towards the stage.

" Felisha!!! Quit staring and get a move on!! You need to change! NOW!! I flinched at the gorilla voice of Kaila and thought I should hurry up and change before she evolves into Godzilla

My new outfit was simple mint off- shoulder dress that has a ruffle at the garter at the top. The shoulder area cinches and hugs my upper arm. The skirt has two layers and ends 5 inches above the knee. Paring the outfit is white and pink stilettos with a pink ribbon at the center . They said I am one of those girls who wants to look cute or something. I really don't get it.

I had just finished dressing up and fixing my hair  to see that Sophie was almost done modelling. You know those type of people that whenever there is a theme on the dressing code they go all out?

Yeah. That's Sophie with her blue-collar dress that has kitties and puppies design on them with different colors, mint green stockings on the right with matching mint green heeled shoes , and lavender stockings on the left with matching lavender heeled shoes.

I noticed that there was only a few more models in here and most of them are from my aunt's line. I am guessing some just left and change or just taking a break. I'm guessing Kevin , and Nico took their break too and went into their room for some air conditioning while watching through TV.

I was just waiting at the side when Sophie returned and came running towards me . She looked pretty excited as she grabbed my shoulders.
" You won't believe who I saw there? " She squealed.

"Your Sanity? "

"No. But I think I left it there when I saw Logan Lerman and Daniel Radcliffe!"