"À mama, ni Ne! Inna wuni?"

"Lafiya lau, ya gida! Hmm kayi kyau. (Fine, how is home? Hmm, you look good!) She complimented.

"Nagode mama, Alhamdulilah, Is baba around?"

"Oh yes, yana study din shi, (he is in his study) go and meet him." She said, nudging him slightly sending him a reasuring smile. Khalil wondered why all of a suddened but he didn't know his mother wants him to reconcile with his father.

Khalil watched his mother amble down the stairs, leaving him all by himself as he started to walk to the left wing, towards his father's study room. His steps were slow as if he was counting them and scared of tripping over but that was how he walked till he reached the study he stopped at the slightly opened door.

The first thing that came to his mind was the incident that happened between him and his father that he is sure he will never forget the day and the reason behind it.

Mr Omar slapped him hard on the face that echoes around the house and throws the papers at him angrily. "I am so disappointed in you. The company was for you, for everyone but what you did was the last thing i ever thought you would do as my son, Never show your filthy face before me if you don't find your wife. Get out of my sight!" He yelled, Khalil couldn't persuade his father or any other person in the room and leaving was his best option even whenbhis mother tried to stop him but anything that would come out from his mouth while he is angry was never a good option. They were both angry but one has to suppress that.

Even though they meet at some occasional gatherings, they only greet lightly, unlike that of a father and son, like they used to be.

He shook the memory out of his head as he slowly pushed the half opened door, revealing the study with Multiple books shelves in it, diffrent genre which he had once thought of introducing summayyah to the study because of how much he saw that she was into books.

He met his father seated on one of the sofa with his glasses on and focused on the book in his hands. Khalil thought maybe it was a bad idea to come when his father is her because he knows that apart from Summayyah being a book worm, his father is one since he childhood and building this study in his house was one of gis dreams.

Even though his father had aged, his father is still found reading fabtacy books, romantic books and sci-fi. He loved fictional books than that of fiction but his fathter is someone who doesn't  see it as a big deal.

"Assalamu Alaikum! Baba inna wuni!" (Peace be upon you baba, good afternoon!) He greeted, standing innocently and nonchalant at the door.

Upon Hearing his son's voice, mr Omar raised his head and averted his eyes from the book he was reading, smiling at Khalil. He was happy to see his son even after what he was embarrassed and disappointed to what he has done to his son years back.

"Wa'alaikumus Salam. Ya kake, ya iyali!" (And to you too! How are you and your family?) He asked, closing the book and standing up to shake hands with his son.

Khalil brows draws together, as he sees his father smiling at him. He expected to see his father angry and asking him why he was her distrubing his peace but instead, none happened, his fathter willing gestured to the sofa for Khalil to seat down which he respectfully did.

"What bring you here and whats the occasion?" He asked. Wearing jumper has been an outfit signature of khalil anytime there has been any functions going on and everyone already knows him with it. So wearing it today, it draws people's attention to know what's really special for him to wear that. But Khalil's intentionally was different. He wears it because he wishes to have a special day with his father after all.

"I... I missed you and i wanted us to have a cup of tea." Khalil answered, sounding appealing.

Hearing that, his father felt chill as he beams. "Oh My son! Of course, i have a feeling you've got me a good news?"

Khalil swallowed. Not that!? "N... No father, i am afraid i don't."

Mr Omar nodded. "As expected" he passed him a cup of tea. "Thank you!"

"So how has the company been running? Is Ibrahim making any progress?"

Khalil nodded. He is, for as long as he knows that ibrahim will never lose or back down. It's even time for him to put an end to this, but Maryam is one monster he never knew excited.

"I had spoke to his father a week ago ma, and he wanted Ibrahim back for a few... Well i don't know either, so before he goes. I want you back on that position or i will do it the hard way!"

Khalil brows furrowed in confusion. "What hard way baba?"
.
.
.

It's past Eleven in the night and Summayyah was still concentrated on her laptop, seating in the dinning, writing out Maimuna's evidence in detail so she can send it over to the magistrates court but she couldn't get over how traumatizing that little girl is.

She sighed in distressed, massaging the conner of her eyes probably clearing the sleep in her eyes as she sips from her mug but there was nothing inside.

She grunt annoyingly and got up to make more coffee when Rukayyah walked out of her room yawning and stretching, looking sleepy but the moment their eyes met, they both flinched.

"What the hell are you doing here all by yourself?" Rukayyah asked, walking towards her. Summayyah pointed at her laptop. "Still working?" She added and Summayyah nodded.

"Its getting pretty tough day by day Rukky!" Summayyah lamented. Rukayyah had no idea what is getting tough but she knows for sure that summayyah occupations needs a lot of patience and tolerance so she knows if she is having a hard time, it must be because of how she holding up. Feeling Inconsolable towards he bestie, she patted her shoulder. "What is it this time?"

"Well it's was about my ex Maid, you see, she wants to sue her husband to court to have their marriage dissolved and!"

Rukayyah gasped. "Oh my God, that's terrifying. But why would she do that?"

"Let me land will you? So," Summayyah explained everything to her which made Rukayyah cry, summayyah was stunned to see her cry even though she doesn't know the girl personally. She is someone who is kindhearted, sweet and beautiful but in the inside and outside, she easily get emotional from watching a tragic movie, reading a tragic story or even being in a situation that is so solitary to her.

"But She is just a kid. How much has she tolerated!" She cried, covering her face with her both palms.

"I know, I know. Shss! Now quiet down, you will wake everyone up and please don't stress yourself too much, for the baby okay. Now shss. Sorry hmm!" Summayyah tried to console her as she hiccups. There was a bottle of water beside her on the table as she quickly passed it to Rukayyah who drank it up immediately.

"So, what are you planning to do now?" She asked, sniffling.

"She has been living a miserable life since the death of her father and her boys, he children where the best thing that has happened to her. They are the bundle of our joy." She said.

"Perhaps, We need to find enough evidence to sway the court. Her husband may have alot of people and even rent a lawyer to defend him. It will be certain that he will beg and plea to change."

"So what if the courts grants him, the chance to change?"

"I have no idea what will happen." She mutters, staring blankly at her screen.
.
.
.